Retro bikes you saw V 2.0

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Seeing as the original 'Retro bikes you saw' thread seems to have been accidentally deleted (see here) I thought i'd start up version 2. Repack Rider would have no-where to post if I didn't. :LOL:

I saw this today while out at lunch with the Wife & Kids. It's a 'McLachlan'. Never seen one before. Has little bike/Australian silhouettes inside the 'a's, pretty cool.

I sat adjacent to it for a good 3/4 of an hour but the owner didn't come back for me to quiz. It's pretty unique. From what I could tell from the frame decals & from it's appearance, it's Australian made from lugged Reynolds 531 (incl. the nicely lugged fork), has luggage & mudguard mounts (so it's likely designed for touring???). Nice, tight rear end. Pretty unique with it's extended seat tube & seat stays. I thought it was pretty cool.

It has a 21 sp Deore DX (1990) groupset with retro-modded LX rapidfire + levers. Girvin flexstem up front. White Turbo saddle.

mclachlan.jpg

Wow. can't be many of those around, well spotted and top choice for a v2.0

Hopefully repack has a folder on his HD with all the bikes from the old thread and could be persuaded to dump them in this thread!?!

Maybe we can all take spy pics of each others' bikes on Saturday & post them up... :roll:

I must start taking my camera in to work. Get all sorts of retro goodness (and badness ;) ) in.

At the mo we have a '87/88 Muddy Fox Explorer in a sorry state (stuck seat post, b/b and cables). Will take pics when I'm back.

Spottted a kona in my bike shed at work , thumbies still in use and original crud catcher (altho snapped in half) a good clean needed too ..

No pics but someone passed me on a lovely looking Proflex 856 (could have been 857?) on the canal between Adlington and Haigh Hall near Wigan on Saturday.

Always liked Proflex.

Back