gt lts shock soloution ?

Mattxthexratt

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....&_trksid=m570&_nkw=160569664064&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

REAR FOX FLOAT KIT FOR GT STS/LTS

THIS KIT WILL TRANSFORM YOUR BIKE FROM SLOPPY TO RAZOR SHARP.

IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS ITEM, ODDS ARE THAT YOU KNOW EXACTLY HOW DIFFICULT IT IS TO FIND REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR THIS BIKE, OR YOU HAVE READ SOMEWHERE THAT THIS CAN BE DONE... WELL, HERE IT IS!
THIS SHOCK IS VERY DIFFICULT TO COME BY, AND ALL MODIFICATIONS ARE DONE BY SKILLED CRAFTSMEN IN VERY SMALL QUANTITIES.
IT TOOK A LOT OF R&D TIME TO MAKE THIS KIT PERFECT, BUT IT IS JUST THAT!
AS YOU CAN TELL BY THE PICS OF OUR TEST BIKE, WE TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY!!! :)
YOU WILL BE 100% SATISFIED WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS KIT.

THIS IS A COMPLETE CUSTOM REAR SHOCK SETUP FOR: GT'S STS/LTS MODELS WITH THE TRUNION MOUNTED SHOCK.
THIS SHOCK WILL BE AT YOUR CHOICE, REBUILT TO YOUR WEIGHT AND RIDING STYLE BY EITHER PUSH INDUSTRIES, OR FOX.
(FOX MUST DO REBUILD IF YOU WISH TO RETAIN THE LOCKOUT.)PLEASE INCLUDE WHICH CHOICE YOU PREFER AT TIME OF PURCHASE))
THIS KIT INCLUDES LANDSPEED'S CUSTOM BRASS TRAVEL CHIPS,(THAT WILL NEVER WEAR OUT...!!!) AND ALL MODIFIED PARTS FOR A "PLUG AND PLAY"
APPLICATION! ALL PARTS ARE OF THE HIGHEST NEW OR REBUILT QUALITY.
(IF YOU WERE TO BUILD THIS KIT YOURSELF, YOU'D FIND THAT THE SHOCK ITSELF CANT BE FOUND FOR LESS THAN THE STARTING BID ALONE...THEN THERE IS THE REBUILD, THE MACHINING OF CUSTOM PARTS, HARDWARE, ETC. ETC.)

KIT INCLUDES:
ONE FOX FLOAT REAR SHOCK
ONE MODIFIED TRUNION COLLAR
TWO MODIFIED TRUNION PIVOT POSTS
TWO "LIFETIME" BRASS TRAVEL CHIPS
TWO MODIFIED ALUMINUM COLLARS FOR LOWER SHOCK MOUNT
FOUR NYLON WASHERS
ONE STAINLESS STEEL MOUNTING BOLT
ONE STAINLESS STEEL LOCKING NUT
TWO STAINLESS STEEL WASHERS
MEDIUM STRENGTH LOCK-TIGHT
HEAVY DUTY GREASE
DIRECTIONS FOR PROPER INSTALLATION AND SETUP.

(WE ALSO OFFER THE LIFETIME BRASS TRAVEL CHIPS SEPARATELY. INQUIRE IF INTERESTED IN THESE)
THE THIRD SHOCK PICTURED IS THE ACTUAL SHOCK YOU WILL RECEIVE. OTHER PICTURES
ARE USED AS EXAMPLE TO SHOW WHAT THE SETUP LOOKS LIKE
ON THE GT.

CHOOSING "BUY IT NOW OPTION" WILL UPGRADE THE SHOCK TO THE 'RL' MODEL!!!

IF YOU DO NOT WIN THIS AUCTION, PLEASE CONTACT US FOR OTHER KITS THAT WE
HAVE AVAILABLE. WE SPECIALIZE IN CUSTOM ONE-OFF APPLICATIONS!!!
SHIPPING IS FREE IN THE LOWER 48 STATES, (INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS, PLEASE INQUIRE AHEAD OF BID FOR A SHIPPING QUOTE.)
AND PACKAGE WILL BE INSURED FOR BUY IT NOW PRICE.
SHOCK WILL FIRST BE SHIPPED TO REBUILD COMPANY OF YOUR CHOICE, THEN DROP SHIPPED TO YOU FROM THEM.
A TRACKING NUMBER WILL BE AVAILABLE TO YOU AT EACH TIME OF SHIPMENT.
WE WILL KEEP IN TOUCH WITH YOU AND MAKE EVERYTHING AS SIMPLE AND AS SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE.

PLEASE ASK ANY QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING.
WE WILL SHIP TO ANYWHERE ON THE GLOBE, SO LONG AS PAYPAL IS USED, AND ADDITIONAL SHIPPING IS PAID FOR.

WE ALSO TAKE VISA AND CREDIT CARDS OUTSIDE OF EBAY.

THANK YOU, AND RIDE WELL!!!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqIOKiwE12VoPCZHBNk4qVZvzg~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqIOKiwE12VoPCZHBNk4qVZvzg~~_12.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 9,705
  • $(KGrHqJ,!g4E1e5V9wL3BNfZMTT-Zg~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqJ,!g4E1e5V9wL3BNfZMTT-Zg~~_12.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 9,698
  • $(KGrHqYOKnUE1OjcYQmiBNk4tobvew~~_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqYOKnUE1OjcYQmiBNk4tobvew~~_12.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 9,699
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
yeah very but the as you said the price is a bit too much , i was thinking cant you just get the old trunnion resize the hole and tape it to suit the fox shock which would cost you sertanly alot less than 300 odd. im going for the fox float shock route on my lts ill have to see how it all pans out after i find a cheap shock on ebay to buy.

LANDSPEED SHOCK CONVERSION FOR GT LTS/STS TRUNNION MOUNT

Hey everyone! I appreciate your comments on our shock kit, but id like to dispel the notion that it is too expensive...
First of all, one needs to buy a shock... hard to do, and anywhere from $100.00 if you are lucky, to $240.00 if not lucky and desperate.
Then, for FOX or PUSH to do a complete rebuild, another $160.00.
If you need to have a collar machined, good luck for doing that for under $60.00, two if you need a lock ring as well... then you need posts... or modification of stock ones, modification of lower shock eye bushings, and the brass travel chips, which no machine shop will replicate for less than $60.00 per pair...(unless you "have a buddy".)
Then shipping to your rebuild facility and back...
Then put it all together and try to sell it for less than I do. :)
Oh, and it is completely worth it!!! :)
We make this kit so that an iconic bike can continue to be enjoyed, and stay relevant, not to make any money off of.
Any way, that is my 2 cents worth.
Good luck and happy riding to all!!!

Attachments

• landspeed-logo.png
    landspeed-logo.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 9,463
Price seems fair,

Its just if you've bagged a nice lts frame for £100ish then £275 for a shock sticks in the old throat ;)

Risse racing will do you a spanking new genesis shock made to fit for $200. They're meant to be really good shocks too.

As a personal fan of the LTS/STS, and having ridden one of each type in 95, 96, and 97 due to a full sponsorship by GT, I have tried every aftermarket shock that has been on the market for this bike. The Genisis is in no way a bad choice for the budget minded rider, it is completely competent in its function and quality. However- in my experience, the Fox shock outperforms, and has way more adjustment and tune-ability, as well as very fast customer service turn over when doing complete rebuilds. And, if you want to go to the top in performance, one simply cannot beat a FOX that has been tuned by PUSH INDUSTRIES. Again, I have tried every shock combination available for this bike, and there is a reason that we have invested the $$ and time into this kit. If any other shock were superior, Id have simply purchased it for $200.00, and spent my time riding instead of building this kit!
Anyway, if a person is happy with a marshmallow between two popsicle sticks, I am nothing but happy for them that they are out riding one of the best bikes ever developed.
Peace!

Attachments

• landspeed-logo.png
    landspeed-logo.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 9,398
  • landspeed-logo.png
    landspeed-logo.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 9,396
Beens as you don't supply for the older non-chip eye to eye model of LTS , can you advise on the fox shock needed? I know its 140mm eye to eye but not sure of stroke etc?

Any help be great

Back