Crank Brothers 5050

good pedal, nice wide platform, fairly thin(tho not 'atomlab' thin), well made, but....the stock pins are rabash. easily fixed tho, crank do a set of grub screws that transform the level of grip available. recommended.

never tried them. But i've got a pair of Candy 4ti and did have a cheap crankbros and they were rubbish. I find crankbros over priced and not as well made as the competition. If i had the spare ££ i would change to a different maker like Ritchey or Shimano. As for flats their must be others who do a better products?

31.50? not bad. good exchange rate see. usually get em for about £35. mind you i got mine almost a year ago when they were the full £39.99.

some would say tho, that you cant go wrong with dmr v8's. you can get them for £20, they last very well, grip even better, are easily serviced(if you can be bothered), and for 20quid just buy another pair when they wear out? ;)

tbh the bling effect of the 5050 i like and at first thats what drew me to them dmr v8 are good and i used them before and loved them i think i got a yellow set in my shed aswell but just like these

I know about 4 or 5 people that bought 50/50s when they were first released and they've all stopped using them now... think that says it all! :?

If you want bling new flats pay the money and go for Burgtecs... best things I've ever put my feet on. Easton flatboys are a more reasonably priced good option. Otherwise just stick with DMRs.

Cranky Panky

Like all Crank Bros stuff, over priced copies, that don't work or last. DMR V8s or better V12's (or best V12 Ti's) are your first choice. The fact that they have outlasted in design every other flattie says it all. The Cranks are too flat, not concave enough, the build quality is questionable too. Have had some of the egg beaters too and they were pretty naff, bad to get into and felt vague and creaked on the cleat constantly.

Back