Red inner tubes with red caps????

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Does anyone remember these?

What were they called, and does anyone have any pic's?

Always wanted some, cannot find them on the web without knowing the name.

Cheers

Simon":1gftbd6t said:
Yep - Air B latext tubes. Nice and light, but they leak air over time.

also rip to shreads if you're prone to snake bites (IE they massively rip, rather than just a tiny snakebite)

I only ever used them on road bikes - prefer a heavier tube and no punctures on MTB!

I loved them. Think theres one still in its box in the cupboard thats destined for the P20 :D

Yeah Air-B's. They used to be £13.00 each in the day, I have used them for years. Whenever I see them on ebay I buy them so have loads in boxes. They are in use on my Proflex, Control Tech and girlfriends Zaskar. Never had any problems with them although they do loose pressure over time. Nice and light and dont seem to puncture easily, but I tend to run my tyres around 30 - 40 but havn't had a puncture in years.

Bought some michelen latex tubes the other day for the Rc300 - seem pretty good so far...

I learnt about Air B tubes the hard way....

First ever National DH race in North Wales, and I got a pinch puncture half way down. I could hear the air coming out but kept riding on the flat tyre. Then the tyre came off so I carried on on the rim of a Tioga disc drive all the way to the finish. The disk drive was borrowed from a customer and pretty trashed in the end, but I managed to get it replaced on warrenty! Think I finished about 20th in the end. Good times... lol

Back