Granny Rings

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Way do so many DH bikes have granny rings? Or is it just that people are lazy and not take them off. :roll:

tintin40":276bk42n said:
Way do so many DH bikes have granny rings? Or is it just that people are lazy and not take them off. :roll:

none of the DH bikes I've seen have them, the chain devices work so well the chain cant budge anyway!

am i wrong to look at all full susers as DHer's? As loads of full susers have a granny. eg - the mountain goat full in the post 'some one one likes me' by amybrooke.

LTS Biker":1yvc33dx said:
I ride a hardtail XC bike (the Trek 9900) without a granny.
Why all the weight when you don't use it :)

My thoughts too. Never used the granny.

I ride full sussers XC and have a granny ring, though rarely if ever use it. However I can't be bothered to take it off - must weigh, what, 40gms - let's face it, full sussers have more weight problems elsewhere!! :LOL:

Oh and yes
am i wrong to look at all full susers as DHer's?

you are! :D

All mine are XC only :D maybe with exception of San Andreas which is All Mountain (if you want to get into modern categorisation!!).

orange71":1wypbesx said:
Oh and yes
am i wrong to look at all full susers as DHer's?

you are! :D

All mine are XC only :D maybe with exception of San Andreas which is All Mountain (if you want to get into modern categorisation!!).

yup, tintin no offense but you're still living in 1990 ;) most modern 5in travel (& more!) bikes are very capable normal use mountain bikes.

downhill bikes are around 8in or longer travel. I'm splitting up an orange 223 if you're interested? ;)

I dont wanna even imagine living somewhere so flat you'd never get to use the granny ring ;) (sunday ride offer is always open peps :D

yup, tintin no offense but you're still living in 1990 ;) [/quote]

Non taken young 'scant' Yep that's me still living in the 90's :D

Back