Yeti 08 [Modern Content]

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
A mate sent me this, nice looking line-up.. Some great XC bikes for 08..

http://bikemag.com/news/freshproduce/Yeti-preview-08/

ASR_alum.jpg

Simon":1u13yul4 said:
What's going on with the seat-tube - is it cut to size?

And whose tree did they steal?

Yeah sounds like it's a custom trim job.. Kinda limiting if you wanna sell the frame at a later date??

YetiFan Website":1u13yul4 said:
The AS-R seat tube CAN be cut off, and a regular 27.2 used (according to Cycling news) and the integrated post can be cut to size, and then has 25mm of adjustment.

ASR_Seat_BB.jpg

the seattube mast on the ASRc can be adjusted 40mm, or the entire extended seatube can be removed & a standard seatpost used instead.
actually the most interesting part is the push fit shimano b.bracket that trek, titus, scott & now yeti are all using on their higher end bikes. check the info on yetifan & mtbr.com yeti forums ;)

scant said:
actually the most interesting part is the push fit shimano b.bracket that trek, titus, scott & now yeti are all using on their higher end bikes.

Klein used this type of BB!!! And then Trek took them away from this. :shock:

tintin40":ysmp986n said:
scant":ysmp986n said:
actually the most interesting part is the push fit shimano b.bracket that trek, titus, scott & now yeti are all using on their higher end bikes.

Klein used this type of BB!!! And then Trek took them away from this. :shock:

I know dude,i've owned kleins remeber ;) merlin, fat chance & several others also used press fit BBs. its similiar, but not the same. the bearings press fit, the crank is a thru axle. the bearings also press into a taper & a wider BB cup is used. the interesting part is that so many companies are now adopting it.

a lot of bike companies are apparently going the extended seatube route for 09.

Back