Feedback
View
gtframe001smallwm0.jpg

gtframe002smallpp4.jpg

gtframe003smallfj8.jpg

gtframe005smallcu4.jpg

gtframe007smallrc5.jpg

gtframe008smallnl6.jpg

i have (somewhere) a backwoods frame with many similar hallmarks.

i'd say it was likely to be a mid-level alloy frame, backwoods or pantera.

the outline of the top tube decal still seems to be there...

The only number on the inside of the dropout is 7005, which will be the alloy I guess. The decal on the top tube is just something else not a model. The frame was sold to me as a Zaskar - have I been conned?

everything points to a Zaskar from 1996 , but the lack of serial numbers is a major doubt .

all the zaskar I had , all had the serial number and the size on the inside of the left drop out .

i thought zaskars were 6061 and had a flat end-cap on the top tube

the sticker-shadow i'm refering to is in bang-on the spot where GT put the model badging

Attachments

• untitledgt.JPG
    untitledgt.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,714
cchris2lou":13orza5y said:
everything points to a Zaskar from 1996 , but the lack of serial numbers is a major doubt .

all the zaskar I had , all had the serial number and the size on the inside of the left drop out .

it's routed for cantis on the rear - a 96 zaskar would surely have had the first-gen v-brakes?

no idea how GT frame numbers work, but i've found a listing for a stolen pantera that's in the SAS6A series - sequentiality would lean toward this being a pantera.

Gen GT

I have had quite a few GT's and almost certainly it's a mid to early '90s Zasker. The "GT" in the top tube plug with the fat down tube is the give away. The others in the range had a slimmer down tube and were all painted.

I´m pretty sure that all the Zaskar´s were made in 6061 Alcoa aluminium. Maybe an Avalanche...

Latest posts

Back