Modern but Retro looking brakes

They are lovely!

I bet the price is huge.

The weights look a bit scary too.

cheers,Al

Had a look and found the set front and rear plus levers for about $500 ouch lol, I'll post the link up later

well that's only the same as a set of Avid Ultimates complete. In fact poss a bit less. What do they RRP for? £90 per wheel and £130 for the levers?

but they are THE best v brakes I've ever used. Seriously strong power (better even than the mighty Arch Supreme) IMO.

Wu-Tangled said:
well that's only the same as a set of Avid Ultimates complete. In fact poss a bit less. What do they RRP for? £90 per wheel and £130 for the levers?

but they are THE best v brakes I've ever used. Seriously strong power (better even than the mighty Arch Supreme) IMO.

Well, I'm not so keen on the ultimate v brakes: I tried them and even owned them for a short time but the stopping power is much less than my mrazek. Plus, they are quite heavy, The levers are 150 grams, 4 grams lighter than the avid sd-sl, which cost one fourth of the price (not nearly as cool, though).
The good thing is that it's quite easy to find them cheap and in good cond. I got a set with ultimate levers for 120 euros, which is 80 pounds. I sold the brakes, front and rear, for 80 euros, and kept the levers.

Lol! That's the first time I've heard Ultimates called heavy! :LOL: I see your point though and although the Mrazek may be lighter they do have a distinctive look that wouldn't be to everyone's taste. Well, not to mine at any rate but each to their own and certainly no offense intended! :D

I just wonder if your Ultimates were set up correctly? The first time I used mine after using XTR V's I found them to be very powerful, as powerful as my disc brakes. Pretty darn sexy too!

:D

stevek said:
Lol! That's the first time I've heard Ultimates called heavy! :LOL: I see your point though and although the Mrazek may be lighter they do have a distinctive look that wouldn't be to everyone's taste. Well, not to mine at any rate but each to their own and certainly no offense intended! :D

I just wonder if your Ultimates were set up correctly? The first time I used mine after using XTR V's I found them to be very powerful, as powerful as my disc brakes. Pretty darn sexy too!

:D
Well maybe heavy is not the right word, but they are about 50 grams heavier than marinovative or mrazeks. As far as stopping power is concerned, brakes were set up correctly, but it could be me not liking how they work: I've had mrazeks for many years, and their stoppping is as distinctive as their look: they are very powerful and brisk. So, I might not like how the avids brake because they don't suit my taste, very personal, I mean

Back