Pic/Info Request! Raleigh 'Max Lite'???

street

Retro Guru
Can anyone help?
In about '98 I baught an old stock 1996 Raleigh 'Max Lite'. It's an ally frame with hexagonal shaped rear triangle tubing, it was silver in colour with a blue RST suspension fork. It was an entry level bike, think it was about £300-£400ish RRP.
I've searched google but to no avail, it's like they never existed! Can anyone dig anything up? Or anyone remember the bike i'm talking about?

I remember them vaguely... No help I know but at least you know you are not mad!

They did exist, however since Raleigh bikes have sold out to the dark side and are now just an 'importer' they have no interest in their own history. I tried to get a warranty on my Dyna Tech Ti road bike and they basically suggested that I should have got a new bike years ago! :twisted:

Keep the faith, build what YOU want and bollox to anyone else. Just remember that every time you ride it they will never build another bike here! That's what I do on my Pace and my 2 Dyna Tech's. :cool:

Cheers SL!
Thats a real shame about Raleigh's lack of interest in their heritage. You'd think they'd be interested to hear about an M-Trax still bieng used and looked after, any other bike company would take an interest in one of their classic products i'm sure. Oh well.

I actually still have my old Max Lite, but it's been drastically altered with a hacksaw for trials! I'd like to have a 'before' pic, then i'll put a thread up about it or something :LOL:

HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!

I just remembered where i'd seen a pic of my bike before, and a quick search through aload of old photographs revealed these unbelievably fuzzy images!
(sorry, don't have a scanner, this is a pic of a pic :roll: )

BEHOLD!

Picture11001.jpg

Picture11002.jpg

Apppauling pictures, I appologise. But I suppose it's better than nothing for now! Anyone got anything that doesn't look like it was taken on a 'pinhole camera'? :LOL:

Thats it! :p That last one is the one, in blue, thanks Retrobikeguy!

Shame it wont let me steal the picture. It's definately called a 'Max Lite', right? The first thing I did when I baught mine was take the stickers off so i'm only going on a hazy 10 year old memory!

i went to school with a guy with the FS version of this

it weighed as much as a small planet, or a decent DJ bike.

the hardtails were meant to be much much better.

Yeah it wasn't too bad, the hardtail version, but not great.
I picked mine up at trade price after my pride and joy got stolen, never really got on with it so it got relegated to commuter duties. It was too short for even that so it got relegated to sitting in the garage duties.
I dug it out last year and chopped it down for trials, finally it's become a bike I actually like!
I have some pics on computer somewhere in it's chopped down state, i'll see if I can find them!

Latest posts

Back