Time to break open the lights again!

Russell

Old School Grand Master
I know, we've done this every year so far but its that time of year again, Unfortunately.

Night riding will soon be well and truly upon us! So, what lights are we all using this year then? Anyone got any revelations or 'must haves'?

Anyone seen any bargains in the sales?

I've been using these Electron 5W/10W twin lights from ChainReaction which have been great last winter, and cheap at £40. But those new Hope lights look great. I'm thinking that LED's gonna be eclipsing the HID lights though. Just gotta save the £200 for the Hope LED's.

Work 2 weeks on 2 weeks off in the North Sea.
Night riding, Pah! Just go out mid week in the day when everyone else is at work!

What do you mean I am gloating... There have to be some advantages to being away! :LOL:

Kneedowndean":4c0z0k9s said:
I've been using these Electron 5W/10W twin lights from ChainReaction which have been great last winter, and cheap at £40. But those new Hope lights look great. I'm thinking that LED's gonna be eclipsing the HID lights though. Just gotta save the £200 for the Hope LED's.

Hmmm, my 'modern' bike has a Hope stem and I'm sort of leaning towards their system as I can just bolt it on the front and I like that. Pricey though.

I've got the hope leds, brilliant bit of kit. They don't have a lot of depth to the beam, but i mainly use them on the singlespeed, so speed isn't really an issue. I do like the idea of bodging the homebrew system, but it would be halogen, led is still a bit complex for a simple man like me. Should be able to build a set for around£50, that will be 20-35 watt with good run time.

Can somebody post a breakdown of the parts needed, where to get them and a 'how to' then of DIY LED systems?

Would be really handy :)

if someone dosnt beat me too it ill post all the info you asked for

but i got some stuff to do so ill do it later

oh and ill post some nice piccys of mine

Alex

Back