Custom 1-Off Project Bike ~Nice~

BikePimp

Retro Guru
Was cleaning hard drive and I found this... I know Rumphy has seen it since his name showed up on the thread as the moderator....back in October 2004.

Now a quote from the original poster: "It's a project I did about 10 years ago to make an almost complete bike from scratch using manual machine tools. Components took a year, frame and fork took another. I never finished the front brake mounts."

I thought someone could enjoy the pics...

Attachments

• ProjectDer.jpg
    ProjectDer.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,992
  • Frame.jpg
    Frame.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,992
Is it the same guy who modified a Boulder with areodynamic carbon fiber sheets and fitted it with his hydraulic shifting system and magura to build the "first all hydraulic bike"? I sawe an article on some old MBA

Thats ace... ;)

...and leads me to my next project/discussion that our guv John and I was chatting about last night...

"retrobike custom machined parts"...

With the parts you've got Jez, and a spot of reverse engineering, there's no reason why "new" old parts couldn't be done.

Grafton, Ringle, etc etc.

Awesome! How much of it did he have to buy though?

Tyres, tubes, saddle, shocks, bearings... brake pads, cables, chain, rims, spokes?

B3":2wgb77xw said:
With the parts you've got Jez, and a spot of reverse engineering, there's no reason why "new" old parts couldn't be done.

I can think of a couple of million reasons why not to, if Grafton, Ringle etc discovered their designs were being ripped off...!

Love the fact that he's gone to all that trouble to built a Paulesque rear mech and then uses it with a single speed rear hub - maybe that is the the best way to use all those rear mechs!

If any one wants any parts designing or drawn up for CNC / manufacture, let me know.

Looks like the plan is in motion.

I think we could open up a new thread. Ill post some of my early industrial design sketches here - so all who are interesting in contributing etc please do!

The plan is to look into creating some custom "our own designed" bits and pieces: at the mo Im discusisng with B3 a conceptual thumbie system...

If we all contribute to this Im sure we could produce something really quite special...

I'll put a thread up shortly...

BoyBurning":36g3ui1g said:
B3":36g3ui1g said:

I can think of a couple of million reasons why not to, if Grafton, Ringle etc discovered their designs were being ripped off...!

10% difference and it's classed as a new item/design ;)

Besides, most of the companies from the 90's are no longer trading.

Back