Klein internal plastic routing cable?

RooDBwoY

Devout Dirtbag
Anyone know of anywhere that sells lengths of the Klein plastic tubing that you run through the internal cable guides?

I need some longer lengths just to bung in, in the event that I have to replace cables. Would make life so much more stress-free not chasing cables through with wire coat hangers and magnets!

Also, what are the arguments, for and against, crossing over the cables diagonally in the top tube? I currently have mine crossed over but with full XTR, sometimes the shifting is not perfect presumably because of cable interference as the cables gain and lose tension against each other in the tube..

Any thoughts on either, anyone?

Don't know if they fit - but presume they do - but Gore Ride-on cables would be perfect for a Klein (or any other bike with similar cable routing)

I'm sure there are many tips out there, but the best way I found of threading cables through without the liner is to tie a length of cotton to the end of the cable, push it into the hole and then stick the nozzle of your hoover over the other hole using your hand to form a seal and it just sucks the cotton through pulling the cable after it - very quick and painless :D

Oh, I can quite comfortably do it with a straightened wire coat hanger, then taping the gear inner to the coat hanger and pulling it through but it's a pain in the backside and always risk scratching the paint.

Want something fool-proof :)

The hoover way works, I used the same method on the internal routing on the RC500 swing arm.

Good stuff men......I used a cut down Allen key to fish the cable out but it took a while!.... :roll:

if you have removed the inner already you coudl do the following. this is the oyl way i have managed it.

cut a gear inner and thread int he frotm he bar/setm end. slide inside the frame and put a strong magnet at the other end. the magnet will putt it to the whoel. with soem fiddling you can pull it out. all you then need to do is thread the plastic over the inner and through the frame. Pull out the gear cable. then with a heated bit of metal flare the end of the plastic then pull it flsh with the frame. Job Done.

Such a fiddly Job,

Good luck
Pete

Back