Its old its alloy and i aint got a clue, Frame Help

ArmouredGoat

Retro Newbie
I recently purchased a frame and forks, the Forks have had it and are well past need of a service, frame is in good condition with no cracks, dents I just have no clue what it is, oh and some muppet has plastered stickers on it

The frame number is P92030114
Also has G.M.P - L stampted by the bottom bractet apart from that there's nothing, the frame is very light.

edf60ffd9d.jpg

24ac368898.jpg

Thanks in advance to all

defo not alpinestars, i have limited knowledge of these but maybe a bigfoot/smokestone? bigfoot became smokestone after a copyright claim i believe.

actually looking at the frame above and then the pic in the thread you posted they are quite different but i don't think it's a "funk" either. i think i'm still right but maybe it's different year models, i seem to remember bigfoot/smokestone ran for about 5(?) years so it makes sense that there would have been a little design evolution. if that is so i would suggest the above frame is earlier than the big foot in the your posted e-stay thread
:)

british eagle boss

woulda been yellow, rigid and full XTR

few frames turned up on ebay about 4 years ago ready to polish up bankrupt clearance stock

RBG

Those stickers look as though they have been on there at least 15 years so I wouldn't say it's one from four years ago.

It's a British Eagle

Yep it's a British Eagle

I've got a more conventional frame from '91 which had full XT of the same vintage

I was suprised to find it was a British Eagle

Further digging around revealed that British Eagle weren't always a Falcon brand

They were initially independent, based in Powys, South Wales from late '80s to early(ish) '90s

They were ex-Coventry Eagle guys who didn't want to work for Falcon - Although Falcon ultimately bough out British Eagle

No quality worries at all, mine is heat treated 7005 and is immaculately put together and extremely light

Here's my mystery frame thread:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129334&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There was a fantastic image in there of an e-stay exactly like your, but it seems to have been moved or deleted

And here's my build thread, I used Manitou Threes on mine as the original were actually broken!

Jump to page 7 to see how it turned out

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129920&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Yours will be awesome if you decide to rebuild it!

Back