questions pace forks? rc 30s rc 35s ?

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
hi i have a set of rc35s, ideally i want them to turn in to rc30s ! can i just keep my 1" crown and steerer and just swop the legs over? do the 1" and the 1 1/8" versions vary apart from the steerer? as rc 30s are quite hard to get does anyone know of anyone who makes rigid legs to fit? does any one have a set of rc30s spare? cheers for your time guys... laterrrrzzzzz

Thats a good question.
I want to know that too.

Years ago i have converted my RC30's from 1 inch to 1 1/8 inch, but not with the original Pace headtube. That's because it was out of stock from Pace and they let me know there not going to make them in the future (that's what my Dutch Pace distrubitor told me).

So i bought a other brand 1 1/8 inch headtube and make it fit in the Pace crown, and worked very fine in my bike (Gazelle titanium).

But now i am not using the Gazelle titanium anymore and want to use the Pace RC30 for my Slingshot with has a 1 inch headtube.
The problem for me is, that the RC30 crown now has a hole that is to big to fit the original 1 inch headtube back in place for my Slingshot. :cry:

So a solution for me is perhaps to buy a RC35 in 1 inch and replace the legs for the RC30 legs.

:!: Please someone let us know if the legs of a Pace RC30 wil fit into a RC35 crown. Thanks.

Im an expert at this as my crowns and steerers are from all over the shop.

My Pace has a 1" crown and a 1" steerer with RC30 legs in. Work perfect.

If you have a larger pace crown - phone them up and explain - they will have a shim that you can use that you pop in and hey presto - 1" steerer in a 1 1/8" crown!

Thanks Jez!

Do you have a Pace 1 inch Pace crown you like to sell, so i can put my RC30 legs in it? :roll:

Merlinboy, i have a pace RC35 1" crown in my "for use at some point in the future" box. for the right price i could be prepared to sell it....although i know i'll regret it if i do. Its been sat unused for 10 years, but the minute i sell it i'll end up buying a frame with 1" headset again...always my way.

hey this is my thread!!

oii merlin boy stop hi-jacking my thread !! hahahhah ive got an idea why dont you think about selling me your rc30s?

Re: hey this is my thread!!

magicmistertea":tdwhxkdg said:
oii merlin boy stop hi-jacking my thread !! hahahhah ive got an idea why dont you think about selling me your rc30s?

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread...... :oops:

The RC30's are not for sale, but if i want to sell them in the future, you will be the first to know ;)

Back