Kirk Revolution - brand new - any idea of value?

dipper

Retro Newbie
I recently aquired(probably paid too much but couldn't resist!) a brand new and complete Kirk Revolution MTB.

It's been hanging in the shed for a few months now and the novelty is wearing off.

I've seen guys spending a fortune trying to retore these things so curious as to how much I'd get for this completely unmolested example, still with original factory wax on the chain!

It's black/purple with 400LX/XT groupset

Thanks

Hey there,

hard to put a value on it really, I feel £50 might be a bit mean but if thats all that person wants to pay - thats what its worth , to them anyways.

the frame is the thing folks would be most interested in as the groupset is not really desirable and quite.....low on the shimano scale. (yes, retrobikers can be snobbish)

your best bet would be to auction it off on ebay, if you don't want to sell it too cheap put a reserve on it and hope someone wants it as much as you did when you bought it - if you can't sell it, keep it & ride it.

to give you an idea though -

one on ebay at the mo - £60 - no bids - 1 day left
one sold last week ont bay - £50 - 1 bidder.

hope it helps ;)

thanks for that.

You may well be right but as this is a 'brand new' bike I reckon it will/should go to a proper collector. Stripping it is out of the question. As is riding it imo.

It's unlikely there are many in the UK that are in this condition.

Shifters and brake levers are XT if that helps any ;)

Unfortunately even though there a few Kirk-o-philes on here they dont tend to be seen in the same light as decently designed/made other brands.

Kirks had a tendency to snap and were pretty heavy. Not really race orientated machines, and not really that desirable. They dont sell too well on the retro market and tend to be bought for nostalgic reasons by post-owners.

Although I say that but at the end of the day "horses for courses" etc.

Still - if its new etc its worth putting it on ebay I guess.

I'd put a value of £100 on it if its a whole bike.... but again in this game you could double your money if you split into bits. Especially if it has niceish running gear.

Good luck but it maybe more worthwhile keeping it.

If the shifters are XT thumbies they will be worth £30 - £45 on ebay,if you split the bike, other types don't generally get as much unless they are XTR.

Back