Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Reminisce
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:50 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Since I'm new to this site just a question. Is there a place here to share with everyone, all the stuff we used to have that has since gone ie knicked or otherwise dissapeared ? Is this even to boring to suggest ? You see I've had so many bikes over the years that, for some reason I still long for, and then I find this site and I have an urge, call it some kind of therapy to list all the nice shiny bits and bobs i once possessed. Am I weird ? Do I need help ? Why wont the asshole who pinched my old Bonty give it back boo hoo. Phew !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:28 pm 
East Midlands AEC
East Midlands AEC

that's the whole forum - just stick it where you like...we do it all the time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:26 pm 
Retro Guru

C'mon then - why not use this thread for that one bike/part or whatever you really wish you'd hung onto.

I'll kick off with a drop dead gorgeous pair of polished Cook Bros 170mm cranks with 110bcd black spider - they'd look fantastic on my Clockwork project. Sold them with a Kona Roast jump frame :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:37 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

y'know what, i dont think there's anything i've disposed that i've missed.

the build on my 92 GT pantera frame i miss, if not the frame itself, that was stolen though. had m900 brake levers and DX thumbies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:23 pm 
Old School Grand Master

My 150mm steel Flexstem. Felt sorry for a mate BITD so when I got a set of Tange Shockblades I gave him the stem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:08 am 
Old School Grand Master

i had a polar heart rate monitor & a pair of original WI hubs nicked from a student house.
weirdly i regret selling the m6 wheels to healthy! :lol: obviously regret giving away the cook bros stem :shock:
I gave my brother my M900 brakes when I moved to V brakes & he later sold the bike for a minimal amount :(

not retro, but kinda miss my 05 yeti arc. probabilly wouldnt ride it much as i'm a xc fs convert :wink: but it was a nice ride 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:22 am 
King of the DuckBoard
King of the DuckBoard

Well thanks to sites like this, e-bay i've nearly got all my long lot stuff back from board games, computers, hi-fi and bikes. But i really miss my Thai babe. But thanks to UKvisa's that put an end to her. (yes i know i could find anther on the web) But its not that easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:37 am 
Dirt Disciple

I miss my Saracen Killi Flyer - not the bike itself which was the E-stay version, circa early 90's ? But it was kitted out with some yummy wheels, lovingly made up by Dave Hinde with Mavic Dakar hubs and MA40's, also had a Mavic chainset and lots of nice Ritchey stuff. Some negative vibe merchant pinched it from my flat. I think over the years I've had at least 5 or 6 bikes knicked - string them up I say !!!!