Cassette help...Quick!

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
These never seemed to go wrong BITD! I just took my bike out to the back garden to take a picture or two for the forum and no freewheel function! I have got the cassette itself off no worries, but can't for the life of me remember how to get the sticking cassette body off. Please can someone help before my pit crew dismantle the whole fleet into their component parts. Cheers guys!

Attachments

• IMG00007.jpg
    IMG00007.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 753
Take the axle out and inside the freehub body there should be a large hollow allen bolt (10mm IIRC) Undo that and, hey presto, removed cassette body. If it is truly *&^%$£%^ (and 7spd) drop me a PM, I literally have thousands of them (used). ;)

Cheers for that! Soon as I read it all the memories came back to me. The kids have dismantled the Saracen, done the Rock Lobster (see pic) and have started on the Bontrager!

Thanks!!

Cheers for your help guys! Can't believe I forgot how to do it, must be getting old. Soaked the cassette body in Land Rover diff oil overnight, (don't know why I got any, never owned a Landy) and rebuilt the wheel today. Still sounds rougher than a bear's arse but at least it's moving. Salvaged some DX hubs so I may treat myself and get them built up into wheels. Stuff from the early 90's just seemed to last really well.

Latest posts

Back