Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:31 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:06 am 
Retro Guru

BTW. Rody, You answered the question "which is the best modern?".
Better than Merlin, Moots, Intense, Litespeed, IF, Dekerf, Sycyp, Seven, Paduano,Scapin etc!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:57 pm 
Retro Guru

andrewl wrote:
Ditch those short travel hardtails and get onto a Turner 5 Spot (or Spot) as I've said many times before if I was only allowed to have one bike this would be it, as it just does everything so well from all day epics, really technical climbs and descents and even XC racing (I've even won racing on mine!!).

Once you've ridden a great dual suspension bike you won't go back (other than the retro stuff).

Have to argue with that - tried some very good full suspension bikes and have very happily gone back to a hardtail. Not only that but a SS rigid fork one - enjoying some of the best rides ever.

For many once you try a rigid SS you never go back to anything else. Sure FS has a bit more comfort but whichever they are they are all squishy, less direct and energy sapping to some degree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:51 am 
Concours Judge
Concours Judge

novekili wrote:
BTW. Rody, You answered the question "which is the best modern?".
Better than Merlin, Moots, Intense, Litespeed, IF, Dekerf, Sycyp, Seven, Paduano,Scapin etc!

I think it depends from what you expect from a good bike. For me it is; no hassle, craftmanship, soul, good geometry and it has to last LONG

...so among the bikes you're mentioning Rody's Groovy would do really well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:57 pm 
Retro Guru

[quote="Elev12k"][quote="novekili"]BTW. Rody, You answered the question "which is the best modern?".
Better than Merlin, Moots, Intense, Litespeed, IF, Dekerf, Sycyp, Seven, Paduano,Scapin etc![/quote]

I think it depends from what you expect from a good bike. For me it is; no hassle, craftmanship, soul, good geometry and it has to last LONG

...so among the bikes you're mentioning Rody's Groovy would do really well[/quote]

In fact, but it scores sooo high in the soul and craftmanship department that for me it's ahead of the bunch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6