Which is best?

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
The vintage Roberts - DogsB. or the new 07 Dogs?

At £825 certainly a nice price for handmade UK frame. Plus for extra can be custom finished. Any body read reviews?

Hi Tintin,

Moving away from the Trimble’s – maybe selling one???

I don’t want to be chastised for saying this but the newer one…..

Also, if hand built UK hardtails are your thing check out Curtis bikes.

Had a look at their display at the NEC couple of months back – VERY NICE! So many options…..

Just a thought!

tintin40":2gpueqk2 said:
The vintage Roberts - DogsB. or the new 07 Dogs?

At £825 certainly a nice price for handmade UK frame. Plus for extra can be custom finished. Any body read reviews?

Vintage ones - new ones have less soul (and disc tabs!). They are £825 now? Don't think that includes a fork though. I'm sure they were £875 in 1992. Now thats inflation for you.

Still one of the best looking and riding steel frames IMO - with the Salsa Ala Carte (got to be jellybean) or the Yo Eddy Team!

letmetalktomark":1yn0yip7 said:
Hi Tintin,

Moving away from the Trimble’s – maybe selling one???

:shock: :shock: Never sell my Trimble's . It's just that while on the web i saw that they still made the Dogs. Looks nice too. I surpose if a person had the money you could own both Old & new. Nice picture that would make. :)

Tony, you're not that far off Indy Fab or Seven money at £825 + extras though.

Don't get me wrong - nothing against CR bikes, lovely things. But I have yet to see anything made as exquisitely as an Indy and the dollar's weak at the mo against the Euro/ Pound, so maybe now's the time.

They are more, but not a whole load more.

There are just so many options of custom steel bikes nowadays - it's great.

Vanilla, Cycip, Vicious, Villain, etc etc etc.

have fun and explore the yanks too if you are deTrimblifying...

(have to agree with Kev though - prefer older ones).

Hi Tintin, Not seen the new Roberts and dont care to.Thats not taking anything away from what will be a great frame.

But its the same question asked about a whole host of things.

eg. 1960 s mark ll jag or a new jag.

Unless the new one comes with a boot full of tenners then give me the old rusty weezer!

Its not how a bike looks or even rides, its the way it makes you feel.

Cheers,Al. feeling greeeeeat!

al":1qgbacdf said:
Its not how a bike looks or even rides, its the way it makes you feel.

Cheers,Al. feeling greeeeeat!

Yep so true. Glad feeling great.

With the great exchange rate now. Then the USA looks too good to let go. BITD it was no were near what it is now :cry:

Its nice to see that CR is making a nice 'normal' looking frame and not some full suser like so many 'old' names are doing now.

Back