should i buy?

wilber

Dirt Disciple
hey all,

new to this forum and just getting in to buying the bikes that i could never afford as a 15 year old kid. Saw this in a LBS i can get it for 500cad it has all of the stock stuff but as a Chris King headset and front hub, Ti Rock shox spring. from what i remeber the y-frame were either love or hate. any advice would be vary helpful.

also for any one who might be in Toronto this store, has tonnes of old Syncros stuff NOS cranks in the box, stems, and a bunch of chainrings.

Sorry what did you see in your LBS? Not sure which bike?
The shop sounds :cool: And welcome to mtb heaven

Hadn't seen a Joshua for years and then spotted one in downtown Denver last week whilst on hols - how come older stuff doesn't get shed-bound in USA? - saw loads of cool retroness on commuting duty during the last 3 weeks. Used to own a Trek Y3 back in the mid 90s - wouldn't mind trying to get hold of one again now I'm gearless - bet it'd make a great singlespeed.

wilber":36kozgl5 said:
also for any one who might be in Toronto this store, has tonnes of old Syncros stuff NOS cranks in the box, stems, and a bunch of chainrings.

Welcome wilber! If it were me, I'd go buy a set of them Syncros cranks ;)

Not sure on the Joshua, the late 90s were a messy time for FSers.. Bandwagons all over the place :?

i would love to get the cranks but would have nothing to put them on, as last bike was just stolen. i guess the problem is that I'm not sold on the frame and was hoping to just ride it till i could find something I'm more into. so maybe the real question are the bits, worth the price? and put them on an old Brodie or Rocky Mountain?

that depends on what the price is, if its right, i could be interested in learning more about this shop :)

the price is still 500cad he wont split the bike that was my first question and after about 30min i got him down to 500 for the whole thing, the owner is stubborn. most of the older stuff that i saw was still at the original price. from when it was new

Be cool if you could get a list of what he has [and maybe the odd photo!] and post it up in the Shop Watch thread?

Back