GT STS-1 How much do you think its worth????

Simon.V

Dirt Disciple
Hi..

I've decided to part with my very lovely 16inch GT STS-1 which was bought new in 1995/6?? direct from Caratti Sport - the GT Distributor. Even then I paid around £3500 for it, rode it for a year or two then hung on the wall as a kind of object d'art!

I'm currently recommissioning it, but I've come to the decision that I probably wont use it much and it just seems a waste to have sitting around. Therefore, if I can get a sensible price for it, I think its time to say goodbye. Which brings me to the question.....How much should I expect to get for it?? I was thinking of sticking it on ebay, unless I get some interest from this site.

Here's the spec which is prety much as I got it:

16inch thermoplastic GT STS-1 frame with a brand new period Rock Shox Deluxe rear shock.
Judy DH Forks (red ones) upgraded from new with Speed Springs
Mavic 231?? XC Rims
Hope Titanium XC Hubs
XTR Crankset
XTR Rear Mech
XTR Front Mech
XTR V-Brakes
XTR Brake Levers
XTR Seat Post
XTR Hollowtech 1 Bottom Bracket
Grip Shift Shifter
Tange Headset
Syncros Cattleprod ahead-set Stem
Club Roost Bars
Flite Ti-Saddle
Kore Skewers
Shimano SPD's

oh....and a Ringle bottle cage.

Ummmmm...think thats it. Condition wise, its pretty incredible for the year. The frame has only very light wear and even has all the transfers..including the warning one on the almost unmarked drive side chainstay.

Its sitting in my work stand at the moment awaiting new cables. If anyone is interested in it, I can sort out some photos to send, so please get back to me.

Thanks

Simon
simonvowles at h0t mail d0t c0m

Back