Bike Insurance plug...

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Butterworths Insurance who do bike insuarance on behalf of the CTC.

Just renewed and as friendly and easy a transaction as ever. And reasonable rates too. Way cheaper than say Evans etc...

Well worth it if anyone needs insurance for those old classics.

0151 427 9529

Nice people. Down to earth and friendly. Not some 'orrible call centre that wants to know your inside leg measurement and your auntie Maude's birthday.

since reading this. They are always busy :evil: :LOL:
:shock: :shock: think i should move out of London. The quote was :shock: But thats the London 'affect' :cry:
Certainly a nice friendly company. Certainly if/when i get insurance then the nice lady has got my business. After i move

Wu, what sort of price?

Whenever I get quotes from companies, seems to be about 10% of value per year. Which I think is a little steep. I can insure my car for less.

Marks and Spencer insure any bike with the household policy regardless of value. ;)

yeah i heard that before. was going to look into them.

one of the good things about the CTC is that it's covered in the car, on holiday, abroad, if you crach it. nearly anything as long as you aren't racing it at the time you need to claim.

and they are a small friendly company that inspires you to think things might just be down to earth i theh worst happens.

What's the deal with insuring retro rides?

My Kona, for example, is a complete mix of parts of no specific value as they were all second hand. I know roughly what the bike cost me and it is replaceable as nothing is exotic. However, how is the insurance value set? Do i say 'my bike is worth £XXX' and they'll charge a premium and pay out that sum in the event of its theft?

I have visions of them requesting proof of 'fair market value' in the event of a claim. They'll then say 'a 1992 Kona was £600 when new, so we'll give you £150' :roll:

CTC seem quite old school in that they don't ask for all the paperwork as far as i can see, just all a bit friendly and gentlemenly. I insure for a total sum and will claim for that sum if and when. No lists of bits, just a make and model. They seem to understand that bikes are custom and components change.

Hiscox are also very good - cost me £50 to insure the fleet as part of my household policy...all risks...

Wu-Tangled":3ok087pb said:
CTC seem quite old school in that they don't ask for all the paperwork as far as i can see, just all a bit friendly and gentlemenly. I insure for a total sum and will claim for that sum if and when. No lists of bits, just a make and model. They seem to understand that bikes are custom and components change.

Any example of premium v's insured amount? They'll just be brokers and will be underwritten by somebody...

Back