Judy Restoration Options

ashes_mtb

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

My bike is nearing its 11th birthday and the forks (97 Judy C's) are in need of some attention. I've replaced the internals with Total Air cartridges (work great) and the sliders are in great condition - unfortunately the bushings have had it. My local shops (Western Australia) get all fork work done by the distributor who no longer carries parts for the old Judy's.

I'd rather keep the bike as original as possible and am looking at options. It seems you can buy bushing kits and necessary tools on line, but this is expensive (more than a new pair of Zoke MX Pro's...).

The other option I'm looking at is to buy a new pair of SID lowers, which is reasonably priced and comes with new bushings and seals, but I'm not sure whether they'll fit.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks
Ashes

Oh yes, now that would be a good option, drop your englund carts in and you'll have a top set of forks!

Judy SL's would be sweet, always wanted a pair when they came out!!

Exchange rate is killer. 50 quid is about $125AU.

New SID lowers are about $180AU from the US including shipping.

ashes_mtb":wmpkb8m0 said:

quick look on Royal Mail website suggests about £16 surface mail (56 days delivery so they'll be even more retro when they arrive) or £23 airmail (5 days + delivery).

I only paid Drapoon £45 for them - just want that back!

ashes_mtb":5tq3e8c1 said:

Hi mate, have just finished revamping a set of Judy's, they're not fully re-assembled as yet but when I do, you can have them if you want.. I got em for free [few bucks for the new parts but hey..] so, as a favour to a fellow RBer, you can have them for free too..

That is if you're interested!! They'll have Speed Springs in 'em instead of the elastomers.. :cool:

Let me know if you want them..

Latest posts

Back