h e l p - Creaking Ringle Moby seatpost

obi-wan-mtb

Retrobike Rider
hi,

need some help.
my ringle moby deuce seatpost - flite combo is creaking as h***.
any advice how to avoid this?

i did swap the half moons for new ones (the old ones were a bit worn... :( )
it does say "a" and "b" on both of them and i remember to put the "a" on the seatpost and the "b" half on top.
dunno why, 'cause both halfs look identic to me.
i did also grease the pin that goes through the post and did grease the bolt, for the rest i did not grease any (apart from the bottom section of the post it self).
i do not think it is the saddle...
it occurs when i hit the saddle pretty hard when in a rough section...

please help since it is pretty anoying

t h a n k s

ringle-flite.jpg

Hi,

If you're post is identical to the 3 Moby's I have/had, the two pieces should not be identical. With one of them is more material is machined away. I always reasoned the the one with more material is for under.

On the creaking: I have no idea. Many bits, different materials, and an aluminium frame as 'klankkast' (sorry, dunno the english word :oops: ). Could also be your Ringle is cracking, it won't be the 1st :twisted: ;)

Maybe a satisfactory thought is that when you have time to pay attention to noices, there probably still is room left to increase pace :cool:

If it's anything like my Flite/USE combo, the faster you go the more it creaks :LOL:

The challange is to see how loud/rapid i can get it to creak!

The only way of reducing the noise was to really swing on the the two allen bolts of the clamp.

spray WD40 over all the parts involved & leave overnite (dont wipe any off) then rebuild. worked for me for yrs.

on the downside they were fairly renown for cracking of the main post where the pin goes through the post. I nearly lost my anal virginity to a ringle moby when it cracked in oxshot woods :shock: :LOL:

scant":8k24nalq said:
spray WD40 over all the parts involved & leave overnite (dont wipe any off) then rebuild. worked for me for yrs.

on the downside they were fairly renown for cracking of the main post where the pin goes through the post. I nearly lost my anal virginity to a ringle moby when it cracked in oxshot woods :shock: :LOL:

I've seen a carbon post go, not a nice thought :?

stop that creaking moby!

t h a n k s guys for all the response!

scant":y8mn72c8 said:

Thanks Scant,

I'll give the WD40 a chance.
Also did find the installation sheet, "A" is on top and "B" is on the post, so I did it up side down (but do not think that caused the creaking...)

Tallpaul":y8mn72c8 said:
The only way of reducing the noise was to really swing on the the two allen bolts of the clamp.
One way to stop it creaking was stop riding :D

Agency_Scum":y8mn72c8 said:
Ti Flites ( in my experience ) are notoriously creaky if the rails aren't lightly greased.
I'll try this as well, thanks

@elev12k: I did now see indeed one of the halves is more material removed buy the cnc machine. Looking into the instructions that I've found this one is to be attahced to the post, so the one with more material is for on top. And about increasing speed > that was the problem: the faster I'd go the louder the creaking ;)

I'll check the tip of the month thread as well!

Back