Hyperglide

Gonzalez

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I took my hyperglide casstte off last night, the smallest cog has play when the lock ring is tightened. I believe i should have a spacer? which is missing or worn away? anyone have experience of this? and if so can I get a replacement? cheers

Morning Gonzalez

I have also just removed a 7 speed hyperglide cassette and that contained two very thin spacers – one between the main block and the two loose cogs and one behind the largest cog (not a 7-8 speed spacer)

Not sue of spares – hope this helps?

Mark thanks, my one only has one cog a and a lockring seperate, is that what you mean by "two" loose cogs? Seems I'm missing a couple of spacers,

Mine has:

Lock ring
Smallest cog
Second smallest cog
**spacer**
block of five cogs (riveted through)
**spacer**

Sorry for the confusion!

maybe there are different types? Or I haven't completey seperated mine, I'm sure some of the gurus on here will enlighten us :roll:

I think how many loose cogs depends on the model of cassette. i have an HG 50 7sp with one lose and an XT 7 sp with 2 loose as letmetalk to mark described.

As for spacers, ask at your local bike shop, they always manage to find me something in the bits box.

If it is just a littel bitof play, I think you're missing a flat black ring, this very tiny image:
FW8300thumb.jpg

Edit: I think this is more helpful:
shimano-cs-hg90-kassette-7f.jpg

Back