Who can put a value on a Proflex 857

mcgoo

Retro Newbie
Hi Guys.

I have a Proflex 857 expert, some 10 years old and in pretty good condition. It does have a few small paint chips but no dings or major scratches and the carbon swing arm is also in good condition with no cracks. The original Girvin fork is also still fitted. All bearings are in good condition and no mechanical rectification is necessary.

Having said all of that, please can someone tell me what it's likely to be worth and how best to achieve that value?

Cheers

What size is it? Colour? Which Girvin fork (I assume Crosslinks but which one?). What groupset has it got (LX, XT, Hope etc). Which rear shock does it have (Noleen NR-2 or NR-4 [piggyback] or even the old ODS?)

857 frame only will fetch anything between £50 to £100. As a complete bike will depend on the kit hanging off it. I've seen them go for between £180 and £350.

PM if you need any more info. Also check out http://www.idriders.com/cgi-bin/YaBB_K2 ... board=news which is the only Proflex forum that I'm aware of (you may need to register first). Lots of good advice out there.

More details

The fork is the Givin Vector Elite with a Noleen coil over damper. Seals are all original and in as new condition. The forks are not disc compatible and are aluminium in construction. The rear shock is again Noleen coil over. The size is large and the colour; red.

There is no kit hanging off it as I am selling it frame and fork only but I do have a set of Avid V brakes and Shimano combi levers which can go with it.

Ok, generally things are better sold as separates (split and sell), forks may fetch £100 or even more - I've seen them go for up to £140! But also as low as £70. Frame probably £70-100 hard to say. Sell the other stuff separately if you're looking to get rid. Don't know what else to advise really. Somebody here might want it - try sticking it in the For Sale section.

Back