Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:59 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:33 pm 
Retro Guru

Hi.

I´ve just bought from a friend what he says to be a ´94 Torus Titanium frame.
It´s in good condition, but hasn´t got any stickers, so i can´t really identify the frame´s year.

I´ve searched here (and on google as well) and i found some users who have these frames, and the 93/94 model looks the same as mine.

I was thinking of find the original decals, but i can´t find any original model, so i could know what to search, or even ask someone to do them.

If anyone know´s this frame, please tell me. I need all the data i can find. (ex. if the frame was a Brit or RaleighUSA model, decals colors, original components, etc)

Also need to know how you guys usually clean the titanium´s surface.
My frame is somewhere between matt and polish(not matt, unfortunatly), and maybe i will polish him, just don´t know how... :oops:

Pics soon.

Thank´s.

Cheers :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:42 pm 
Retro Guru

i have a 93 torus almost n.o.s done about 20 miles and is original except saddle, check my gallery.
jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:51 pm 
Retro Guru

I have a '94 Torus, the '93 '94 Torus had solid rear drop outs (no holes in them) and cable guides rivoted to the right side of the top tube.

I also have a 1994 Dyna Tech catalogue showing the model range, XT was polished, with or with X-lite style dual crown forks, matt is available for a lower spec model and frame set only. It is difficult for me to scan as it is bigger than A4.
The best bit is the second page a picture of John Tomac and some writing "John Tomac helped develop the Torus frame and then raced and won with it in Europe".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:41 pm 
Retro Guru

Thank´s guys.

Great pics , super swin. Your bike really look´s like new. Does your frame has the black Raleigh sticker on the top tube? :)

Amt27 - From what you describe, my frame must be really the ´93 version. Has solid rear drop outs and cable guides on the right side.
Can you put your catalogue in the scanner and post here those pics? :)

My frame is something like matt finished, but also a bit polished. Maybe my friend has already tried to polish the frame. Do you know how i can do that?

Do you thing this was a genuine Brit model, or did they came with "RaleighUSA" decals?

I really don´t know anything about this frame, so everything you write here is very helpful.

Thank´s.