new frame

alpinestar222

Devout Dirtbag
I have a Lava dome frame arriving this week 1992 ish
Are the decals available at all for this model?
Anyone completed one who can tell me how they ride on a rigid fork?
Looking for a nice solid ride with a lively feel, hopefully I've chosen well :?:

Original decals are pretty much impossible to find I'd say, but Gil_m can do you some great repros if you PM him, as seen on TallPaul's 1992 Lava Dome here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9559

Think he may be away at the moment though, since he hasn't been in contact in the last week or so. Nevertheless, that's the way forward.

It's been a while since I had my Kona built fully rigid, but they are very snappy handlers. Project 2s are all over the place cheap, so it's a great way to get a bargain lovely riding bike. :D

kona

Thanks for that. I spoke to my friend today and it turns out it's a 17" 98 Lava Dome, His earlier on was stolen (my mistake).
Still happy as my Cro-Mega is to big for me really, but has convinced me rigid it the way to go in total contrast to my Orange downhill bike.
I intend to get it powder coated, when I decide on a nice colour, then build it up to use in anger.. but with a smile :D

I may have a 'spare' set of decals knocking about (as seen on my frame linked above).

PM if you're interested :)

Back