frame paint removing..suggestions

JeRkY

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all, I have just taken possession of a 1993 Kona explosif as seen in the readers bikes section (http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12787). The paint work is rough, and I'm looking into the costs of getting it re-done in the original colours.

First off the existing paint needs removing, can any one recomend any where either in the Oxfordshire or Leeds areas that can do media blasting... price being my main concern.

Secondly Can any one recommend a spray shop in the same areas to respray the frame, copying the original colours of met black faded into silver- does any one know the mix codes for these colours?

I don't really have the budget to splash out on the likes of Argos.

I will also be looking to get the full set of decals reproduced...perhaps a message to Gil is called for.

Cheers!

tin of auto nitromorse £5.00

couple of hours work , job done , wont get cheaper then that :D

ive tried that approach on my orange that had been rattle can coated, it worked splendidly. the konas paint is somewhat tuffer than halfords rattle cans and suspect it may need a more aggressive treatment...no harm in trying though i suppose.

I used nitromors on my Proflex Beast and it came off a treat...mind you Proflex paints comes off if you fart anywhere near it... :roll:

Your local powdercoaters ( Google it ) will strip and paint it for £25-£30 so long as you say phrases like " cash in hand " and " chocolate Hobnobs. "
These lads can supply ANY decals but you have to guide them as they're not bikers.

;) If you want to do a good job visit the web site of house of kolour(www.houseofkolor.com). klein used it. They have many color and efects. The prices are a bit expensive (360 euros 0.5kg of kamaleon purple kolor ) You have many options and more cheap. For example kolors that glows in the dark.

Back