Is this a roberts?

billinjah

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
is this a roberts

Looks like a wrongen to me Bill! the drop outs and the ovalised shape of the chainstays is off to me. Could be wrong,often am. You got that ritchey built yet. If not get your finger out big man. Respects, Al.

yeah its a weird on ill have to see when it comes! ritchey is rolling now just waiting for cantis from a guy off here and shifters!

Cable guides look a bit 'industrial' to be a Roberts, he always uses minimal roadie style ones not those monsters that are on the down tube. The top of the wishbone looks too sturdy as well. Could look very nice with a respray though - looks a bit german/euro at the moment (no offence meant to our cousins in the common market - honest!)

Hmmm, not sure it's a Roberts - agree that the cable guide on the down tube looks wrong.

If that's TIG welded (or whatever the desription says) then i'll eat my old cycling shorts! It looks as it should for a Roberts - and that's beautifully brazed together.

Is it just me or does the head tube look ovaled out ? Now that would be characteristic!!! (sorry Chas)

Back