Saracen Traverse Hydrotech

Gonzalez

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hi to all.
New to the forum and come to hopefully find some info re my bike mentioned above. Had it for years without really being that interested in it, went out the other night and the rear rim split, so came on the internet to look for a replacement.
I found this site with a couple of references to similar bikes, and it seems that it's quite a rare bike? Sorry I don't know a great deal about bikes, but I'm now on a bit of a mission to restore this one, I think all the original parts are on the bike with no mods, except that i lost the QRs for the Maguras at the back and i've had to bolt them on.
The rim is a Wolber but I can't find any reference to them on the internet. The chainset (It is worn) seems to be Shimano XG ? again no reference, can anyone offer any help with restoring this bike/finding parts? it's just the rim, cogs(not right terminology I'm sure!), and Qr's I'm after and any advice really. Cheers G

Welcome Gonzalez, Wolber were OEM rims on Saracen I seem to remember. I had a '90 Trekker Comp with Wolber AT18s..

Best thing is to check out the Auction Watch and search for Wolber ;)

Looking forward to seeing photos of your ride..

oem= origional equipment manufacturer std kit basically. is your saracen the one with the brushstroke paint job? always wanted one they are sweet!

Nearly all original too! Black DX chainset, mmmm.. Did it come with a set of Farmer Johns originally?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back