Disk Drive Vs. Disk Drive Pro - What's the difference???

Arran

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've done a quick search but didn't find anything so sorry if it's already been covered.

What's the difference?

I think it's the aluminium mesh.. Saves about 100gs over the "regular" version..

Tioga Catalogue scan from Max P in Magazine & Catalogue Scans

ti4.jpg

Ah, well wicked.

Thanks 'Roon, you're a bloody champ. Wouldn't have thought to look there. :oops:

So the Comp adds 90g for puncture resistance? I guess 'pro's' can 'afford' to replace their skins unlike us 'plebs'. :roll:

No problemo mate, I think the mesh simply makes for a more hardcore version so "impact resistant" simply means it'll take having sticks & stones being thrown against it..

The Pro I had was more plasticky whereas the regular version I have now feels more durable..

Same awesome rumble from both tho :cool:

rumpfy":yvga2ztf said:
They really really don't stay true longer than a spoked wheel. :p

I sometime think if i give mine a nasty look it'll go squiffy!

I like the comment 'aerodynamics' As if a mtb is any were near being aerodynamics. Please its not a track/road bikefor time trial
But like the crank sets :D

tintin40":iyyj565g said:
I like the comment 'aerodynamics' As if a mtb is any were near being aerodynamics.

I'm not expert on aerodynamics, but surely the gap between the rim & the disc drive isnt going to help?. I've spent a fair amount of time on T discs & dont think they roll any faster.

Back