Mountain Bike Hall of Fame

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Here are the nominees for this years inductions...

http://www.mtnbikehalloffame.com/nominees.cfm?page=1

There's some great stories in there - try FTW for starters.

If the UK were to have an inaugural hall of fame thingy, who would you put up for nominations in the same categories:

industry - journo - pioneer - advocacy - promotion - racing history

Geoff Apps was last nominated (but didn't make the grade in 03).

Mr K

:oops: I only know one name in that list.
Chas Roberts frame builder would be on a UK list for me.

Not sure I've got much to add to the thread but noted this:

"Anne Caroline Chausson ( Racing History)
The world’s winningest mountain bike racer, Anne Caroline Chausson, continues to dominate at every turn of the dirt that she faces."

What sort of word is winningest?

A similar word to Grampa Simpson's "Fightingest squad in the fightingest company in the second fightingest battalion in the army" :p

hall of fame

Not only can i not believe Tony when he says he only knows one name! but the names of, Bob Roll, Anne Caro, Paul Sadoff, Alison Sydor, Nicolas Vouilloz,and Bob Allen, are not already in there. I think its time someone wrote an encyclopedia that covers our sport fully. Now whos going to write it then? cheers, Al

mrkawasaki":2blseff6 said:
Here are the nominees for this years inductions...

http://www.mtnbikehalloffame.com/nominees.cfm?page=1

There's some great stories in there - try FTW for starters.

If the UK were to have an inaugural hall of fame thingy, who would you put up for nominations in the same categories:

industry - journo - pioneer - advocacy - promotion - racing history

Geoff Apps was last nominated (but didn't make the grade in 03).

Mr K

Mountain Bike Hall of Fame have told me that Geoff Apps has, in fact, never been nominated.

:idea:

I can soon put that right !

ededwards":1vofskmc said:
Not sure I've got much to add to the thread but noted this:

"Anne Caroline Chausson ( Racing History)
The world’s winningest mountain bike racer, Anne Caroline Chausson, continues to dominate at every turn of the dirt that she faces."

What sort of word is winningest?

In '93 ish that's how Specialized used to describe Ned in their adverts - "The most winningest rider of all time"

I kept bringing little retro bike related jobs into a local machine shop. This guy used to do stuff for Manitou BITD. Over time I have become great friends with the guy. Anyway, one day he's telling me some old stories about him and his brothers getting into mischief.

It turns out that his brother is in the Hall and his name is Mike Rust and his story is pretty cool, too.

Those write ups are a great source of MTB history!!

:)

If we had a UK version, I'd suggest the Howard Carter Archeological award to go to a certain Large Skip-Raking Cheese................... :p

Back