Show me your workshop and I'll show you mine "Urgent

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I’m ordering a workshop/shed on Monday (tomorrow) for the bikes and a place where I can work on them. I have five complete bikes (including the two young ones bikes) and three incomplete.

We have to order it tomorrow as the builder is going on holiday and we want it asap.

I was thinking 10x12 but did not want to get something too small. Could I have some advice and some pics of storage options you use to keep available space to a maximum?

Thanks

Alison

Alison,

Can't help with storage ideas as I keep all my bikes and spares in the house in a spare bedroom, however, 10x12 seems like a huge shed to me! Certainly aren't going to have issues with it being too small (unless you're planning on buying loads more bikes!)

In terms of the shed though, if you have room, try and get the door put into the longest side and about 600mm from one end (internally). This would mean room along one shortest end to run some shelves / worktop, with the bikes all stored along the other shortest end.

Does that make sense?

Also, make sure you think about security. Might be worthwhile whilst the shed is being built to secure some anchor bolts through the underside which you can then use to lock down yer bikes securely.

stevet1":scpnbne6 said:
For bike storage you can have some hooks mounted on the wall and hang the bikes by the wheels. Heres mine looking a bit untidy.

http://images.fotopic.net/yi5a2d.jpg

I'll second that. I'm at 20+ feet long ways (sorry, I'm a Yank).

IMG_4112.jpg

here's my new toy, not quite finshed yet but you get the idea.

main.php

Not sure the best way to store the bikes, but because it's so high was thinking some kind of roof suspension, a bit like this..

main.php

Back