A VERY Fat tyred bike

jez-4-bikes-max

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Got the Pugsley today from ol Yo Grant.

Awesome ridiculous bike. Ill get some pics.

I need some modernish bits tho to make it work. Namely a 1 1/8th black stem, a pair of (eek) ISIS (what the hell is that?) cranks, a e-type front mech and a rear mech. Maybe some shifters too.

I havent a clue about modern stuff. If anyones got anything they want rid for a good price I'd be happy to buy the stuff off you. I went on Singletrack and all the new stuff just confused me. :oops:

Got brakes, rotors, headset, special Isis BB, tyres, seatpost, saddle and levers.

Jez, it's probably best to ditch the Isis bb and not get Isis cranks as the majority of bb's will die very very quickly. The crank to bb interface is very stiff and good but the actual bearings are piddly and consequently die very quickly, faster so if they get a sniff of mud (which is pretty likely at the mo).
My advice - in with a square taper bb and give the Isis system a two finger salute! :D

Black Thomson stem any good? Although at 140 and 15 degrees it may be a trifle long.

PS Pushed alongside Yo Grant through the ferns at MM around midday - wild looking bike but I was glad I was pushing mine than his even if my Mudgrippers were about as wide as his tyres (although with a pleasingly smooth rimmed 'edge')

I think a lot of people could get kinda confused building that bike up! it takes 2 rear hubs & 2 rear brakes!

"Also 1 1/18th aheadstem to 1" converter shim" 1 1/8 maybe? ;)

Yeah, they look really different.
I like the fact that you can run different singlespeed gearing just by swopping the wheels round mid ride (if you have the relevant sprocket on the "front" hub)

Yep - also noticed last night that the rear stays are wiggly - they are offset so the bike looks like its been in an accident. The forks are wiggly on one leg too. Funny eh. :)

Back