Where can I get chain for my 20yr old kili flyer

JegSpur

Dirt Disciple
I basically have exactly the same bike as the BotM Jan 2010 (though absolutely not anywhere near 'box fresh'!) - and need to put a new chain on it. Can anyone tell me where to get a nos chain for 20+ yr old deore biopace?

Cheers

Thanks for the replies - I was just a little unsure 'cos of the age of the bike whether I could just use a new Shimano 7 speed chain. I thought I remembered the old Deore 'hyperglide' (!) biopace demanded a specific chain - but if not so then great (though some might think it important to stay 'original'!)

I've taken a pic on my phone, so I might post that later - though I definitely remember putting up some pics a couple of years back...

Ha ha !! Well I guess that shows it still gets used (or at least did a couple of years ago!)... It's a little bit cleaner at the moment...

Can'y make up my mind what to do with it - was (and kind of still is) my pride and joy, but it's getting neglected. Every so often I decide I'm going to spend some time on it - but then I never make that time!

As requested - sorry if its blurry....

Attachments

• Pink Kili Flyer in 2010.jpg
    Pink Kili Flyer in 2010.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 623
Very nice indeed :cool:

If you ever need to re-home it let me know :cool: I have a couple of other saracens it can get friendly with ;)

Chains, any seven speed chain, I use chains other than shimano, Sedis, KMC and the KMC quick links. Quick links make chain breaking and making without tools easy, once the correct length is obtained that is.

But as others have said, maybe time to change chain rings and cassette as well otherwise put a new chain on old worn out stuff, your drive train won't be up to much.

Biopace rings can still be got, seen some new ones advertised on the bay recently. Cassettes again easy and one does not necessarily have to go with Shimano, there is some tougher stuff out there.

Back