Cracked swingarm - Repaired!

REKIBorter

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Doing as bit of routine bushing and bearing maintenance and have spotted a crack on the swingarm bracing below the shock mount and above the main pivot on my Marin Mount Vision. The crack radiates from a weld vent hole, it does not look like a new crack as the edges are dirty. I have marked the ends of the crack to see if it grows any longer on the next few rides. Does Marins life time frame warranty cover the second owner from new, the bike is 9 years old.

What should I do?

Original owner only but you may well find that they are quite good with the customer service and may offer you a cheap replacement (especially after their recent court ruling about broken kit....)

Hi there, Do you know if your marin is a real early incarnation, if so you may have the only one left!! I remember my mount vision had a few rear ends brake and one around bb shell.Marin were very good at sorting problems back then and the life time warranty was just that.But things may have changed.Good luck,Al

I know it's a 1998 but not sure how early, it has the early style swingarm.

The swingarm is going to be welded on Tuesday so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Took my Specialized Rockhopper 1998 out this morning - I miss full suspension big time!

Welded repair, a very nice job done. Can't wait to take it for a (gentle) test ride.

Attachments

• marin-small.jpg
    marin-small.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 903
Back