Manitou SX Ti - Sat gathering dust!

Barneyballbags

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hi all,

I paid a visit to my new local bike shop today, in Penarth. Amongst the cheap second-hand bikes and various Tranz-X handlebars and bar-ends, I came across a lonely looking set of Manitou SX Ti's, just like the ones in the picture below:

item-20050711221640785.jpg

They've got a fairly short (I'd guess about 170-180mm) unthreaded steerer, and it looks to be 1.25", not standard 1.125". Overall they look to be pretty tidy.

The interesting thing was that the guy in the shop, with all due respect, didn't seem to know what the forks were or that there was even a market for them. They were literally tucked down on the floor, gathering dust.

I reckon with a proper service they'd make a cracking set of forks. I would have made him an offer for them myself but I don't really know enough about them, and I'm skint! I just thought I'd give you a heads up, in case anyone was after a pair.

Give the shop a call if you're interested - I'm sure you can sort out a deal! 029 2019 1294

Hahaha, bet he thought long and hard about the name for his shop :LOL:

Give harryburgandy a bell for the bes the places to buy. (you've just moved there right ?)

The SX Ti from what I read a few days ago are the Judy SL equivalents. (Ti springs in them)

Yeah, "The Bike Shop" !!

Yep, moved here on Friday night. Still getting used to the place. I got lost the other night when I went to pick up a Chinese and didn't get home for about an hour and a half!

I didn't get much of a chance to have a really good look around the shop, but if I saw a set of forks like that almost straight away, then who knows what else is lurking about!

FluffyChicken":49rm5u4a said:
Hahaha, bet he thought long and hard about the name for his shop :LOL:

Give harryburgandy a bell for the bes the places to buy. (you've just moved there right ?)

The SX Ti from what I read a few days ago are the Judy SL equivalents. (Ti springs in them)

Ha ha..I've heard rumour of a place called BackShopCycles in the centre of Cardiff. :roll: one of those mystical, urban rumour type places.

I didn't get much of a chance to have a really good look around the shop, but if I saw a set of forks like that almost straight away, then who knows what else is lurking about!

It's not what I would call an enthusiasts shop and it's only been there a few years.
Down the hill towards Cardiff you have Tredz. Good lads in there and you can trust the workshop.
Further afield in Cathays you have Cyclopedia. Great shop, great staff. More road based but again, trusted top workshop.
Also Don Skene in Splott...never been in but I thik they have an extensive stock of modern stuff. Roughish area, don't leave your bike outside.

Other shops in Penarth? Tesco's and Sainsburys are the new kids on the block and I don't use them. There are some great sole traders. The friut and veg shop in the arcade is awesome. If you eat meat there are two butchers nearby, and a fishmonger and deli down near the station.

If you want a quick loop ride there is an off-road track that uses the old railway line which can take you more or less to Cosmosten Lakes. Take the outer ring track and you have a nice little loop .. I used to go around 5 times or so for a little work-out.

If you have a road bike we have Maindy track in erm, Maindy just north of Cathays. Open night is Wednesay, I went first time last week. Good night, friendly people and great workout.

Harryburgundy":27yo689g said:
It's not what I would call an enthusiasts shop and it's only been there a few years.

I got that impression yesterday - It'll be handy for me though as it's just around the corner from my new house :)

Barneyballbags":nsaaf7sw said:
Harryburgundy":nsaaf7sw said:

I got that impression yesterday - It'll be handy for me though as it's just around the corner from my new house :)

Handy for what though?

Back