Where to find light freewheel? 7 or 8 speed....help!!

kaos

Retro Guru
Just bought a freewheel like this:

reginaamerica4045_l.jpg

But it's to god damn heavy! Can't possible use it on my Yeti ARC.

The best would be a 8 speed freewheel, but maybe i can use an old xt 7 speed for a while?

I know my english sucks big time, but i guess you guys understand it!

I think Matt_d had one machined somewhere - you'd have to ask him where though...

I plan to use a campag road one next time i replace mine.

Should hopefully turn up tomorrow... 11 - 32t billet aluminium machined cassette, 158 grammes!! compared to 300grm for the ti XTR!!!

will wear a little quicker, but it has some magic coating on it to help reduce the wear rate...

Kaos look in the weight weenie area. Mattpayne posted a thread.

ah, but he needs a freewheel, not just cassette TinTin..

No idea how heavy they are, I just use an old Sachs one on a Bullseye. Sure it can't be light though.

I remember seeing somewhere a company in the states who machine up individual sprockets in titanium and it comes to less than the price of the Campagnolo equivalent?

kaos said:
Just bought a freewheel like this:

reginaamerica4045_l.jpg

Am i correct that this is a screw-on freewheel as used on Bullseye hubs (and the like?)

I've been looking for a light alternative for ages - they've always been much heavier than a freehub/cassette combo.

You want to get a Regina America 92 Superleggera - Aluminium cogs, light as anything, but wear out really quick. Come up on ebay from time to time or you can get one from www.sjscycles.co.uk. They are listed as non index but you can just about get away with it.
Or just look out for any of the Regina lightweight range. The Regina syncros were the index specific ones but I'm not sure if they did a Regina syncros superleggera, maybe some one else knows?

:D i remember them!! Had one on my first Trimble with cool red white blue bullseye hubs. They still sell them :shock: :cool: that they still sell them. give me an idea for the yellow trimble.

Anynone know the weight of the regina 8 speed freewheel? I think the one i bought weigh around 1 kilo. Realy realy heavy!!

Back