Eureka moment in builds..

gump

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have three projects that have been bubbling away for months now.
Two for a long time, and one recent. Have a stack of bits, but never been able to get it clear in my head where they all needed to be on which frame..

ie, too much red anno on a red bike.
Some blue anno, but not all fits
Nice red hubs, but 7 speed only, which means thumbies, but these were destined for other bike ...
Forks - these would fit, but they are threaded, which means this headset and stem, which doesn't suit...
I have this crown to fit these forks but internals are dead
This is the stem I want to use, but need 1"
This seatpost would look good here, but doesn't fit
Sunset rims just wouldn't go on that bike
I have these hubs, I could use those NOS rims, but they are 36 hole, need 32.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhH!!!!

Been having my own personal mare for ages, then last night, in the garage at 11pm, had Digweed JDJ5 album on the tunes and it came to me... :shock:

The forks - check
The stems - check
The mechs - check
Brakes - check
In fact - all three builds are now crystal clear in my head and just right for priority of riding most and showing. All coordinated down to the chill pills.
A true retro Eureka moment.

I went to bed happy and content last night :D

Build on.
That is all :)

:LOL:

My head sees it as fine... don't spoil the moment just yet!!
Did think of this with the Pauls mech and blue ringle - close, but not cigar. They are now split up :D

Memories

Digweed - there's a name I haven't heard for a bit... last saw him at a Renaissance night in Stoke, ooh, in 1998...???! Twas the first time I heard 'Air' by Albion (Corsten in disguise...) - it was massive! Still got my Bedrock t-shirt somewhere... a cracking night out - even if I had to sleep in my car at the end! :roll:

Mr K

i dont matter at all if it doesn't look right together just look at my orange prestage its all over the plae with differant coloured and yeared parts but it works really well and i mean really well :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

sleep mr K?? :LOL:

I think multi colour bikes can look OK too, just not the way I have been doing it so far :?

Back