the 'magnesium' funk frame from ebay...

weps

Devout Dirtbag
a few weeks back a green, supposedly magnesium funk frame sold on ebay. well, i was the one that bought it as the only bidder. it arrived a week or so ago and looks pretty good, but in talking with daryl, it seems most certainly to be aluminum. 6061. so now i'm wondering if i should return the frame. the seller is willing to take it back.

it was one of the first funk frames and to me does have a unique spot in the evolution of mtn bike design. the green paint is not orginal and i could remove that without reservation. i'm contemplating some type of resto-mod, but am not certain. i do have some reservations abotu the 15+ yr old aluminum. also, i've been nagged by the fact that i was the only bidder. am i missing something?

http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-1835...219343796QQcategoryZ98083QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Attachments

• ffrear.jpg
    ffrear.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 2,139
  • fffull.jpg
    fffull.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 2,138
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I quite like it .

If I remember correctly, magnesium corrodes quite quickly if exposed to air , so you might be better off if it is aluminium .
You were probably the only bidder as it is quite special as frame design goes and a bit pricey for a 15 year old frame with not a well know name .

I would keep it .

I would not mind finding a frame like that for a future project , it is different and original .

if you've contacted daryl & he assures you its an early genuine funk, then you werent ripped off, you lucked out :)

yeh I probs wouldnt ride it, lovely retro wall hanger/ garage queen tho :D

Latest posts

Back