Marin Bear Valley queries

Chrystal

Retro Newbie
Hi Im doing up my '94 Marin Bear Valley SE. Im trying to re-use the parts that are salvagable or replace with the correct stuff that I bought it with. As this is all new to me does STX SE stuff come up for sale much?

Does anyone know where I can get the Marin decals for it as well as the small marin lite stickers for the bar?

Also what is the paint code or name of the colour - sort of blackish semi metallic colour

Hello and welcome,

Gil_m is your man for decals I'm sure he will have something on file for you, drop him a pm and see what he can do.

Stx Se does come up for sale but not as regularly as Stx Rc.
Put a wanted ad up for the parts you want.

Have you any pics of the bike?

benandemu on here is probably the most knowledgable person in regards to Marin here, and also has a lot of the decals on file ;) :cool:

Excellent - thanks for the replies. I will put up pic's of the frame, the rest is in boxes now!

I want to get the frame done proffessionally (have painted abike before and it was rubbish). I have heard of Argos cycles who do it, are there any others? who is recommended

Cheers

Gil did me some nice decals for my '92 BV, they were the '93 style as that's what he had but great quality.
I have a 31.8 diameter STX front mech if you need it, new old stock, never fitted to a bike. Model no FD-MC30. £9 posted.

Well have finally got round to doing this bike, only 5 years! The frame has been blasted and powdercoated (very close match) as it was quite rusty after being used commuting and riding for nearly 20 years. Everything was stripped down, rear rapid-fire gear selector rebuilt as it was broken. New headset fitted, NOS crank arms (STX SE) from USA fitted, new inner and outer cabling was fitted as well as rear cassette and chain. Everything else was cleaned and re-fitted. I need to get the rear wheel rebuilt, I have the original hub, I also need an SE rear derailleur as I have an XT on at the moment and get some Marin Lite tyres.

New decals are in hand from Gil

Back