Judy FSX questions

Bear-Chan

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
hi guys
ive recently bought a couple of sets of FSX Judys, both of which seem to be in great nick after stripping them down.
i was thinking about swapping the braces on them as ive read they have a habit of going snap. can anyone remember what options there were for after market braces? i seem to remember its the same fitting as a normal judy - can anyone confirm this?
also ive been hunting around for some englund/risse cartridges but cant find anything - does anyone know how recently these stopped being made?
sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance!
BC

Bear-Chan":e3452tsw said:
hi guys
ive recently bought a couple of sets of FSX Judys, both of which seem to be in great nick after stripping them down.
i was thinking about swapping the braces on them as ive read they have a habit of going snap. can anyone remember what options there were for after market braces? i seem to remember its the same fitting as a normal judy - can anyone confirm this?
also ive been hunting around for some englund/risse cartridges but cant find anything - does anyone know how recently these stopped being made?
sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance!
BC

eBay might be your only option for them now.
Thats where I got mine at 1/4 of the cost of factory direct (when they were still online)

The braces on the first gen Judy's have a reputation for breaking, but I've not heard this of the FSX stuff.

Providing that the bolt locations are the same, which I'm pretty sure they are, you have several option.

Brodie and AC being two of them....though I don't think you'll need an aftermarket brace.

hi rumpfy
thanks a lot for the tips - i kinda guessed ebay would be the only option! ill put a post up in the wanted section as well just in case.
cheers!
BC

yup, standard judy & FSX braces are interchangeable. the FSX braces commonly crack near the mounting bolt (I've broken 2). styfe carbon shock bones is probs the nicest aftermarket judy fitting fork brace & looks cool on the FSX (check pics of carstens & alans yo eddy).

try contacting white bros suspension & hippie tech for arlo england kits. personally I'd go with coil springs, heavier but a lot more reliable!

Tuning FSXs

I'm converting my two pairs of FSXs to run a Speed Spring in each leg and the existing air cartridge in the other. Felt that just air was a tad too spongy for the FSR...

Will report back when I know how they ride.

Neil

Re: Tuning FSXs

mrkawasaki":27ks70y2 said:
I'm converting my two pairs of FSXs to run a Speed Spring in each leg and the existing air cartridge in the other. Felt that just air was a tad too spongy for the FSR...

thats possibly due to the rear shock being too long & placing more weight than normal on the front end.

Fiddle

That was trying your FSX on a rigid M2 - the FSRs have DH or DHOs on at the minute. Yep, it's old ground about the length of the FSR rear shock - but as I have 3 lengths of shock to try I'm sure it'll be resolved to my satisfaction!

Fettling - don't ya just love it!

Neil

Back