Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:44 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:36 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Yeah dr s did mention keV, will need to get in touch to see what the deal is. Thanks 8)

Does he do paint?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

This thread has inspired my. My Bonty will be up here shortly. It's a 93 Race which I've managed to deck out with mostly m900, Tange forks and to top it off some nice new decals with a bit of a personal twist.

By the way MMP, I think your forks might be on backwards! The heads of the bolts on the crown should face forwards. The way you have it means the fork is angled backwards and must make the ride quite twitchy. The fork legs are fine, the brace and brakes should be at the back and drop outs to the front. You just gave to un bolt the 4 crown bolts, pull the kegs out, spin 180 degrees and put back together. Have a look at my Orange in my signature for an example.

Nice bike BTW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Here it is..

And a close up of those decals, particularly like these.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:51 pm 
Retro Guru

Wow, now we´re getting some bikes on here :)

I´ve never ridden rigid, but it seems almost everybody here does :?
What gives?

Jan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:03 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

P20 wrote:
My Bonty:

I finally had it set up with a black Syncros post and the magic ss ratio of 34:16 which was a bit high.... Then i sold it and i've regretted it since. :roll: It used to belong to Gil_m

I've also got the Bonty/Chris King hubs on the P20, the rims have long since died, but have been rebuilt with crossland ceramics.

I really do fancy it in red, if that was Gil_m's bike then it certainly is a credit to you and him. Can't wait for my decals now. Loving yours fitted with disc brakes, thats the bit i miss in comparison to my Rocky - I dont have quite the same confidence when going down steep hills!

Thanks for posting, that's a gorgeous bike! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:09 pm 
jammy git

Great thread!

Here's a picture of mine from a while back, currently sporting a higher rise Salsa stem and Surly Torsion Bars....it also has purple Paul Levers and Cable Hangers to match the brakes now...

Cheers
Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:17 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

northerndave wrote:
This thread has inspired my. My Bonty will be up here shortly. It's a 93 Race which I've managed to deck out with mostly m900, Tange forks and to top it off some nice new decals with a bit of a personal twist.

By the way MMP, I think your forks might be on backwards! The heads of the bolts on the crown should face forwards. The way you have it means the fork is angled backwards and must make the ride quite twitchy. The fork legs are fine, the brace and brakes should be at the back and drop outs to the front. You just gave to un bolt the 4 crown bolts, pull the kegs out, spin 180 degrees and put back together. Have a look at my Orange in my signature for an example.

Nice bike BTW

Really glad its inspired you and appreciate the time you have taken to post your pics.

I love your bike - the purple looks great especially with the matching seat post, it looks really cool! I love the contour lines on the stickers too, that extra bit of detail just finishes it perfectly.

With ref to my bike, you have a keen eye :wink:

Don't stress, one of the guys i ride with has a clockwork orange with the same forks and he noticed it just before the first ride!

It was my fault, typical impatient girl, if i can't do something myself I wanna learn how to do it! I was the same when i first started driving, having to wait for men to fit CD players in my car - used to drive me mad because i changed my car all the time - glad now that modern cars have them built in but still want to learn how to sort my own car electrics out!! I'm a nightmare! :wink:

I stripped the forks and replaced the elastomers to try and do as much as I could myself, but didn't realise when I put them back together that they were wrong way round! The angle seemed the same and even on the first ride i cant say i really noticed any difference - but its sorted now thank you, well spotted though :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:21 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

miss money penny wrote:
P20 wrote:
My Bonty:

8)

PS. This pic is awesome...pic of the month material???!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

I think it was entered for potm, think it lost. Could be wrong though.
Kev is excellent with paint. He'll do any colour or combo of colours if you'll pay. I seen him do airbrushed fireman sams, feet walking along top tubes, his headbadge used to be a penguin, but it was taking to long. Have a look in my flickr, there's various things there. The fuquay and stumpie (red) are painted decals, not transfers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:31 pm 
Old School Grand Master

northerndave wrote:
Here it is...

Lovely bike, and a very classy choice of colours. It's rare to see so much purple looking so good.

My usual M900 canti nitpick though: I think you've got your front brake (longer, straighter arms) on the rear, and vice versa. So does moneypenny, incidentally.

http://tinyurl.com/25rcvau

Fronts on the left, rears on the right. Notice the longer oval cutout in the front version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 37  Next