Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:43 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:55 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

mikeekim89 wrote:
To be fair.. more than one rides worth of pics would be nice, :) it's a great bike too show off, and a awesome restoration you've done too it.

I agree, but that would be a little difficult! I haven't ridden any of my other bikes since finishing this build but its been manic and i havent had chance to catch up with anyone else - just been riding to work (solo!) :(

Should be even better when gil's stickers arrive and I can get those other ones off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:58 pm 
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider
Gold Trader / MacRetro rider

Not sure I know what you mean about pretending to be a man? Anyway peace and all that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:03 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Fairyglass wrote:
Here's a poor pic of my Race-Lite:
sporting Ti Bontrager bars too.. It's set up a bit weirdly with a fairly high rise Syncros stem and caged SPDs but it works really well for me- climbs beautifully and is just the right length so I can hang off the back on descents.

I've just tracked down a Ti-Lite frame so will have two soon :D :D

Im loving it in red. I notice you have just bought a ti frame, would love to hear how you have got on with it. A titanium Bontrager, lush! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:09 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

clockworkgazz wrote:

Not sure I know what you mean about pretending to be a man? Anyway peace and all that.

Shall I take the 'peace' as an apology?!!! :lol:

Impressive pic, looks like a pretty wet day and a nice descent! Perhaps a few more pics of other people actually using their bikes would be good - because it's great to see the action shots!

As for my pretending to be a man - what I was implying was, maybe I would be taken more seriously if I wasn't female. I have had a lot of sexist comments and have been ignoring them - but yours just wound me right up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

bonty98 wrote:
This is as far as I´ve got this year, unfortunately, with my race lite.
These aren´t retro as far as I´m concerned, they´re just the bikes I love to ride. Great balance and pretty light for steel anyway.

Jan

I really like it in red, I nearly had red myself. Try and get it finished, I am really pleased with how mine rides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:14 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Octsoc wrote:
Sadly, only been ridden twice this year.

I would love to know how a ti Bontrager rides in comparison to a steel. What would the overall weight be do you think? As a build, with gears and not single speed?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:17 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

[quote="hollister"]quote]

Thank you for adding all your Bontrager pictures, some real classics. I think the white one is my favourite, would love to know a bit more about the history of them - I bet there is some interesting stories to hear! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:19 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

amedias wrote:
Yours looks lovely miss money penny, I do love a black and silver build with a hint of colour to finish :-)

here's mine!

Wow - thanks for your kind comments about mine. I've gotta say, I do like it in that colour combination - what a beautiful colour the baby blue - and with the straight forks too. How do you find it rides with P2's...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:30 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

miss money penny wrote:
I notice you have just bought a ti frame, would love to hear how you have got on with it. A titanium Bontrager, lush! :)

Sadly the purchase fell through this evening :(
I used to own one- I had three Bontragers at one point :oops: The ti was equally lovely to ride, but in a slightly different way. The steel frames (both Race-Lites) had a spring and a life which the ti couldn't quite match, but the ti seemed more direct, perhaps a little more energy efficient?
Weight-wise, I think I read somewhere that the ti is around half a pound lighter, but I guess it all depends on the components- certainly mine was no lighter as I had pretty beefy forks on it. I really regret selling it, and am still looking for another.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:23 pm 
Retro Guru

I had a Race Lite and a Race before. I rode the Race and the Ti Lite a lot last year. They are both very nice ride but I honestly couldn't tell the difference in the ride quality. The Ti is definitely more cool and maybe a little lighter. Never had gears on them but the single speed Ti Lite is about 20 lbs, could probably save some more weight using a Ti BB and pedals if I try.

I've changed out the bars since then. The current set up not very retro anymore but is by far the most comfortable set up I've had. I can flick it easily too.

miss money penny wrote:
Octsoc wrote:
Sadly, only been ridden twice this year.

I would love to know how a ti Bontrager rides in comparison to a steel. What would the overall weight be do you think? As a build, with gears and not single speed?!

Attachments:
IMG_0209a.jpg
IMG_0209a.jpg [ 126.6 KiB | Viewed 1867 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 37  Next