Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:02 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 37  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:27 pm 
Retro Guru

Ally wrote:
benbonty: That's a great looking bike.

Have you done a build thread for it that I've missed?

Very sleek rear triangle. I think the Salsa stem is very fitting for it. What will you change it for?

Like it a lot.

Thanks mate,

I was lucky enough to find the bike pretty much as you see it here. I've only changed the tyres and seatpost so far. I agree that the salsa is perfect, however the bike just doesn't fit me like this and these bikes were supplied with a zero rise stem. The salsa is 130mm and -17 degrees, I have an 80mm salsa 0 degree, a control tech 90mm -17 degree and a syncros altura 80mm -17 degree to match the post. This will be a function over form decision though, as I'm very keen to make the bike fit me better.

Post subject: bonty
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:44 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

after reading this thread so much i have taken the plunge and got myself a steel skinny tube 93-94 racelite with original forks.i have been looking at these for ages and find the attention to detail on the frame amazing.here is a few pic,s to tease you all

dose anyone know how the frame numbers work on these, i would just like to know what year it was made for sure

Attachments:
bonty3.jpg
bonty3.jpg [ 55.49 KiB | Viewed 995 times ]
bonty2.jpg
bonty2.jpg [ 44.01 KiB | Viewed 995 times ]
bonty1.jpg
bonty1.jpg [ 38.37 KiB | Viewed 995 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:54 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

Very nice, and chain suck plate in place. You lucky boy, think I'm gonna have to fabricate my own so if at some point you could take dimensions for me I will forever be in debt to you :wink:

Post subject: Re: bonty
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:03 pm 
Retro Guru

matthew71 wrote:
dose anyone know how the frame numbers work on these, i would just like to know what year it was made for sure

The frame numbers have no relevance with regard to date on Bontragers, you have to read the frame details. There's lots of info further back in this thread and on other threads on the forum...

Looks very similar to one of mine, which is a '94

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188472

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:52 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

ratcapa wrote:
Very nice, and chain suck plate in place. You lucky boy, think I'm gonna have to fabricate my own so if at some point you could take dimensions for me I will forever be in debt to you :wink:

no problem with the chain suck plate, i am a carpenter so i should be able to give you some accurate measurements, and maybe even a picture :D any opinions on build options for crank, gears and wheels etc :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:07 pm 
Retro Guru

Nice bike !

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:23 pm 
Retro Guru

matthew71 wrote:
after reading this thread so much i have taken the plunge and got myself a steel skinny tube 93-94 racelite with original forks.i have been looking at these for ages and find the attention to detail on the frame amazing.here is a few pic,s to tease you all

Are the dropouts horizontal or vertical?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:17 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

sancho wrote:
matthew71 wrote:

Are the dropouts horizontal or vertical?

horizontal , i keep looking at the front forks, they look real skinny at thr drop out,s :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:43 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

matthew71 wrote:
ratcapa wrote:

no problem with the chain suck plate, i am a carpenter so i should be able to give you some accurate measurements, and maybe even a picture :D any opinions on build options for crank, gears and wheels etc :D

Thanks mate.

I'm going pretty simple with mine, mainly xt, bonty rims and bars and a few diff bits of finishing kit but very eager to get her built. Biggest decision for me is BLACK or Battleship GREY?? I'll also be using the earlier non slash style decals as these are what my mates had on it BITD, Good luck with your build. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:10 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

have only got a few bit,s for mine

syncros headset
NOS syncros hangdoggy
titec bontrager ti bars
salsa stem

could see this costing a bit :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 ... 37  Next