Manitou X-Verts

fritz

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

Firstly the wu said to mention his name and you may see it fit to offer me some advice..

I have a pair of (I think) 1999/2000 Manitou X-Verts, (they have tpc and microlube.

I have however:

* no manual (although google has provided me with some sort of random year x-vert pull-apart diagram)

* and a broken preload adjuster (it has snapped off)

i'm afraid I'm a bit clueless as to where to get spares from.... can anyone help?

Ohh and i'm not really too sure if the tpc damping stuff is working but if/when i got a new adjuster i was too strip and service the forks..

If you could help I would be most appreciative and perhaps send you some biscuits or beer...

thanks,

fritz

poor student

manitou xvert

Hi fritz,

What colour are the forks. I may be able to help if you can get a picture to me.

I have various manitou parts from 98 - 2001.

Cheers,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

with any luck this should post some pictures to show you the forks and the adjuster that broke off... i'd be interested to know of anything else you have for these forks as well, seals, springs spares etc

kind regards,

fritz

on an x-vert rebuilding mission.

Attachments

• Manitou X-Verts 012.jpg
    Manitou X-Verts 012.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Manitou X-Verts 014.jpg
    Manitou X-Verts 014.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,779
  • Manitou X-Verts 019.jpg
    Manitou X-Verts 019.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,779
Hi Fritz,

I have one of those pesky adjusters, only it hasn't got the 'TPC' badge on it.

Now just a thought, do you still have the one that broke off?? If you have then were you aware that it is only held on by a liitle screw. so if you prize off the badge it will reveal the screw head. You can then replace the screw, refit the adjuster and then stick the badge back on.

If you havn't got the part then you can have this adjuster for ...... well.....mmmmmm.... for free!! or a packet of biscuits!!

As for the other parts well i have a load of spare parts for Manitou xvert carbons, now there must be some parts that are the same as your forks so if you let me know what you are after then i will have a look for you.

Cheers,

Jamie

Hi jamie,

that would be super appreciated! I haven't gotten around to stripping them down yet so unsure of any parts I may need...

..have you any advice over servicing of them/condition of seals or anything else?

Kind regards,

fritz

ps. thanks again for your help

Hi Fritz,

Just PM me with your address and i will get the adjuster to you.

As for servicing, well no not really just check that the seals are still a good tight fit around the stantions and that they are not perished in any way, also there should be a foam ring just inside the top of the fork leg. These are to lubricate the stantions as they slide, so you need to make sure these are well oiled. With a fork oil of course.

If you get on ebay you will find loads of spares for mani's of all types, especially on the German ebay.

Hope this helps and let me know when you have alist of parts required.

Cheers,

Jamie

Latest posts

Back