Pauls stuff - loadsa new gear!

Yep had noticed that on the weekend when tryin to find specs for something. The cranks will only work with campag bbs though I think.

Allways fancied running the "Melvin" with two front chainrings.
I think it was called a "Daffy" (as in snowboarding) setup.

Well their not making complete thumb levers just the bracket to use shimano road bar end levers on. I tried them and couldn't get them to work.But thats no surprise :LOL:

I've got a pair of the thumbies. They work beautiully with the dura-ace end bar levers. What shifters are you using with yours?

Yep the very same as your using. But with no joy. I'm sure it was down to me. An expensive mistake. one day i'll try again or even better ask a proper bike person who knows what to do.

Not sure if this makes any difference but I'm also using a dura-ace rear mech. Was after lightweight and really like the action of them together. Really really crisp and smooth - enjoy changing gears for the sake of it now...!

BoyBurning":gq4ltt5r said:
Not sure if this makes any difference but I'm also using a dura-ace rear mech. Was after lightweight and really like the action of them together. Really really crisp and smooth - enjoy changing gears for the sake of it now...!

I'm using Pauls thumbies on my mod bike (Pace 303) on a riser bar with 9-speed Dura-ace barcon levers and a Sachs Quarz rear mech (the original polished alloy model). Works fine.

Everyone thinks I'm mad though.

Finally some cranks worth dropping £s on. Is it just me or was there far more choice back in the day?

Back