Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Beautiful

Although i wasn't expecting that paint job :-). Is fitting tho!!

A stunning renovation..

I have 2 Lloyd's myself - technically one belongs to the missus :-) :-)

She has a late model road training frame made from fairly nondescript steel afaik. it has a typicall Lloyd flamboyant paint job.....

Mine is a lovely 753 road bike of the same era as your MTB, with semi-sloping geometry and the superskinny (about 10mm!) wishbone rear stay.

The wife's frame came from the UK, mines was bought over here in OZ from an Emigre....

Enjoy it!

Andy

Last edited by fatfixie on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:35 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

Bloody hell. Fantastic resto. Always nice to see a pigs ear turned into a silk purse, and that it one of the nicest in some time.

Now go thrash its t*ts off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:40 pm 
BoTM Winner
BoTM Winner

What a fantastic job you have done. I love the paint, one of the joys of having a custom frame is you can decide what way you want to go with it, and hats off to you sir.

Looking through your photos mine has some small differences around the seat stay bridge and seat clamp area.

Anyway fantastic job congratulations and never let it get back into the state it was. (Remember Dave Lloyd bikes first kids second. :wink: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:21 pm 

Superb job as usual mate. Your resto's are a credit to you. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:55 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

Dr S wrote:
Bloody hell. Fantastic resto. Always nice to see a pigs ear turned into a silk purse, and that it one of the nicest in some time.

Now go thrash its t*ts off!

thank you..........and believe me.....this weekend it will get the ride of its life.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:03 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

ocset wrote:
What a fantastic job you have done. I love the paint, one of the joys of having a custom frame is you can decide what way you want to go with it, and hats off to you sir.

Looking through your photos mine has some small differences around the seat stay bridge and seat clamp area.

Anyway fantastic job congratulations and never let it get back into the state it was. (Remember Dave Lloyd bikes first kids second. :wink: )

thank you that means a lot coming from a fellow lloyd fan...!!! 8)

the brake bridge looks "cinelli", you may find it was a tubing supply issue, i know he had a few...!!!

and dont get me wrong, the bike is going to used and used well, but they are always well kept, serviced and cleaned., every ride.!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

the_duke wrote:
As in every other bike I have seen of yours Sinnerman this is superbly built and very well considered. Every part just looks right.

The fillet brazing looks the nuts too.

As for the paint . . . . I think it is brilliant, a twist on the original scheme, different, and custom. The graphic shop guys again?

It has made me even more determined to get mine custom painted now, better get booked in!

Well done mate, look forward to hearing about the ride.

Luke

thank you for your feedback luke, I just wanted to use the union flag, but with skinny tubes it could have ended up looking wrong, this way it kept the theme, and displayed the colours of our great nation, and is probably how i would have like it to look on the startline of a race way back in the day....chuck into that mix, dave lloyd was a successfull british pro rider, and frame builder, the colour choices just looked ever more appropriate.

really looking forward to your overburys , keep us all posted...on any developments...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:12 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner

wired99 wrote:
The next time my wife asks me how it is possible for a heap of old steel bikes and cycle parts keep me so entertained I will show her this thread. Its all here - the pain, passion, excitement, patience, obsession, and downright madness of it all.

Its a triumph Sinnerman. I laughed, I cried, I stood up and cheered!! 8) 8)

I don't profess to know that much (although I learn something everyday here!) but I know that is one seriously cool muthaf*ckin' bike :shock:

thank you for your thoughts and feedback it means a lot actually, and as for your comment on not knowing that much.......i dont believe you..................you have an 83 gransport afterall......!!!!!!!!! dont forget first dibs.........if ever it comes up......... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:41 pm 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider

This time yesterday I read this (then unfinished) thread and was left engrossed and hoping. Today I was thinking about it while riding home from work. Got home and BINGO! :D :D :D You have made my day and got my vote for BOTY. An incredible build. Congratulations Sinnerman. I'll bet it rides even better than you thought it would way back when. 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 pm 
Retro Guru

very nice,classy build. i like that paint job a lot.

v.v.good work,whats next? cant better this can you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next