Toolboxes that hide things ...

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Anyone else got a toolbox that hides whatever it is you need until the time you're looking for something else?

I need a mini-pump for a long ride tomorrow. Can I find one? No, and I've got at least a thousand of them somewhere.

BUT I found the crank bolts I knew I had but couldn't find so bought some more ....

If you haven't got a toolbox like this, do you want to swap?

I'll swap with you - but only if it unearths that small size bonty racelite I lost and can't find...

I don't have issues with my tool box, but rather cardboard boxes full of parts.

I lost a stem a few months back and found it while looking for some cranks on Tuesday evening.

I just have three little ones who seam magnetised to my tool and parts boxes so nothing is there when I need it aaarrrggg!!! good job the fourth is a teenager

Wouldn't be without any of them though :D

Alison

Mine seems to have a selective vision filter built in, and a randomiser. When I first put everything in I knew exactly what drawers everything was in. Now, I can never see anything on the first pass, so I have to look in each drawer twice, and more often than not it's not in the drawer it should be in, where I was sure I put it back.

Mind you, that's still a heck of a lot better than it used to be - when I had everything in a cardboard box under the bed!

My shed is my tool box - and bare in mind I have 3 more bikes since the photo was taken:arrow:

P1010049.jpg

and you think you have problems :?

You think you've got problems?

I have a tool box and a tool bag. They collaborate against my sanity. They swap tools, withhold tools and occasionally take them to pieces. :p

Between them they have successfully taught my allen keys to walk, hide and generally be invisible - EVEN WHEN I HAD IT IN MY HAND ONE SECOND AGO! :twisted:

And some bike parts have been following their example.

My Xizang is currently in....

2 magazine boxes,
3 rucksacks,
free hub & chain under my bed,

frame & wheel in son's "waiting to be decorated before he moves in" new room,

forks are in the shed near the front, chain rings are hanging off a hook at the back (and I need to use a bit of bamboo to get them).

I have a few bits on my desk at work & I still don't know where my rear deraileur is.

I long for a shed I can actually walk into.

Back